What's new

Five'r off cigar monster

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Go for it, as quoted by someone else on BOTL, "different smokes for different folks." All of our tastes are different, who knows, one of those may end up being your all time fav smoke, and that's just fine.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Could not help but notice that you are from the Silicon Valley... While I have not tried any of these, you may want to check the folks out over at West Coast Cigars, from the Cuban Celebration a few weeks back to the upcoming Texas Hold 'em Tourney, they cannot be beat. Here is the e-mail blast from Bill Davis over there. You can visit them on the web at westcoastcigars.net (I can't post links yet so you'll need to add the www...)

Good evening,

We are having a tasting on August 31 and would like to invite you to attend. We are tasting what has to be one of the shops favorites smokes, the 601 by United Tobacco. Every attendee will receive a free cigar. We will be also offering specials on the whole 601 line, for every 3 you buy you will receive 1 free and every 601 purchase will qualify you for the drawing! Snacks will be provided.

We are also having another special event on September 1st, our 2nd annual Texas Hold’em tournament. The buy in is $25.00.

Prizes will be as follows:

1st place - $350 gift card

2nd place - $150 gift card

3rd place - $75.00 gift card

1st out will also receive something as well as anyone who knocks out last year’s winner (Hany) or any house players (Bill, Mark and Matt)

601 has offered to sponsor the event and provide every player with 2 free 601 cigars. We are accepting 24 players in the tournament, seats are not secure until the entry fee is paid. If we get an overwhelming response we will add more tables as needed.

Thanks for all of your continued support

Your friends at West Coast

--Tony

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It's a very good deal for those cigars. The Macanudo is super-super mild, but it's enjoyable in its own way. None of the rest are terrible, but they're not exactly top-shelf stuff IMHO. I would have been all over this a few months ago, but I'm much less interested now. Like folks said, different smokes...

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks for the input guys. I got caught up at work and couldn't make the bid.

blessednxs65- thanks for the info on that gathering, I'll check into it.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Glad I checked this thread, thanks for the link!
If you are ever in Arizona in the Phoneix, Scottsdale area, check this place out. They have a super humidor and a great lounge with leather chairs and five or six flat screens to watch sports. One a Day took me up there and it is smooth.