What's new

Fix an uneven burn

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I've also discovered that often it will self-correct over time. If it doesn't correct itself after 5 minutes (or at least look like it's about to) then I will use the lighter to even it up. Although that sometimes makes the first draw or two afterward seem overly bitter and acidic

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Two ligering questions bother me about this response:

1) There aren't already a dozen threads about this for you to "Yodis"?
2) You are just finding out now about the oxygen displacement caused by smoke. This means that you haven't been around the board that long, which I doubted and it turns out you have been here for just over one year. ONLY ONE YEAR? How is that possible? It seems like so much longer...

Haha, well I just always rotated to the top thinking heat would help and never put much though into it. If it didn't correct to my liking I toasted it a little. The concept of needing fresh air never came to mind until Russ & everyone enlightened me.

Ouch has it really been that rough of a ride with me here?!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Two ligering questions bother me about this response:

1) There aren't already a dozen threads about this for you to "Yodis"?
2) You are just finding out now about the oxygen displacement caused by smoke. This means that you haven't been around the board that long, which I doubted and it turns out you have been here for just over one year. ONLY ONE YEAR? How is that possible? It seems like so much longer...

Haha, well I just always rotated to the top thinking heat would help and never put much though into it. If it didn't correct to my liking I toasted it a little. The concept of needing fresh air never came to mind until Russ & everyone enlightened me.

Ouch has it really been that rough of a ride with me here?!
Nah bro... I think you are missing my point. I feel like I have known you forever. (Can't you feel the bromance?)

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Nah bro... I think you are missing my point. I feel like I have known you forever. (Can't you feel the bromance?)
Just messin with ya sean! Still taking your advice from your first bomb to me, still no results yet.
The probability of that first piece of advise working decreases if you are attempting it every day, or worse, more than once a day. As much fun as the scatter-shot approach is, you gotta get more tactical.

;)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Just messin with ya sean! Still taking your advice from your first bomb to me, still no results yet.
The probability of that first piece of advise working decreases if you are attempting it every day, or worse, more than once a day. As much fun as the scatter-shot approach is, you gotta get more tactical.

;)
Are we talking cigars or chicks

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've almost never encountered a crooked burn that won't correct with a little touch up from my torch. I've rotated and not rotated and even tried the Saka and anti-Saka method. If a touch up here and there won't help it's probably a result of poor construction.