What's new

Flavor Taint Question

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the reasons cigars will have that kind of flavor change is the method of storage. Most B&Ms allow any customer to handle cigars or other product. Think about it, some Joe Schmoe comes in wearing his High Karate and just ate a burrito. He comes in and molests and contaminates many cigars. Well, that cigar that he molested now has absorbed every scent he had on himself and tastes like a burrito. Great.

I really have something unique in Habanos Torres.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
MithShrike said:
One of the reasons cigars will have that kind of flavor change is the method of storage. Most B&Ms allow any customer to handle cigars or other product. Think about it, some Joe Schmoe comes in wearing his High Karate and just ate a burrito. He comes in and molests and contaminates many cigars. Well, that cigar that he molested now has absorbed every scent he had on himself and tastes like a burrito. Great.

I really have something unique in Habanos Torres.
Makes a very good point. I have a sales rep that loves to give me cigars. He douses himself with aftershave when he smokes in his car. The transfer to the cigars he gives me even in the cello makes them unsmokable. Worse if I forget and put them in the office humi, the smell transfers to all the cigars on top.:frownno: :frownno:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
CWS said:
Makes a very good point. I have a sales rep that loves to give me cigars. He douses himself with aftershave when he smokes in his car. The transfer to the cigars he gives me even in the cello makes them unsmokable. Worse if I forget and put them in the office humi, the smell transfers to all the cigars on top.:frownno: :frownno:
:rofl:

He must smell like Macy's!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Wonderful, salt of the earth guy that loves cigars. It's just that you can smell him coming a mile away.