What's new

Flavored Cigar Storage Question

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I will be spending some vacation time with my wife's family next week and plan on smoking a number of cigars with various in-laws throughout the week. My wife and her sister will occationally smoke cigars so I want to get a few that they can enjoy. I'll get a couple of Macs, but I also think I'll pick up a couple Javas and a couple of CAO flavors.

Here's the question: I'll be transporting these sticks in a 24 count Cigar Caddy that I put new foam trays into to expand it to 36 count. I don't want the flavored cigars to taint the Padrons, VSGs, LGC Serie R, etc. Would I be safe in putting each flavored cigar in an single cigar baggie and then into general population? Don't see why not, but I thought there might be some experience out there.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Kinda what I was thinking. Plan to use either the 5 finger bags or the single baggies that we use for passes. Should be ok. Then, if they aren't all smoked, I'll have to make sure they don't taint my coolerdor.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
All baggies are permeable on a microscopic level.

Since flavored cigars aren't typically smoked by those who are true connoisseurs just keep them in a zip lock outside of the caddy a week won't make a difference on those smokes and would risk it at all.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
N2Advnture said:

Since flavored cigars are typically smoked by those who are true connoisseurs just keep them in a zip lock outside of the caddy a week won't make a difference on those smokes and would risk it at all.
Good points Mark...probably better to leave them outside the caddy.

I didn't get the line about flavored cigars being smoked by true connoisseurs though....

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
MichiganM said:
...I didn't get the line about flavored cigars being smoked by true connoisseurs though....
:jitb: ...I meant "aren't"...except for Todd (Wasch_24), that's all he smokes. :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Definitely outside the Otterbox. I picked up a CAO and and another flavored at last years Big Smoke in Las Vegas, bagged them separately and set them in my travel desk top. By the time I got home everything around them smelled like them. The bags were good vendor cigar bags! If your worried about drying get a separate fuentes bag for the flavored.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
N2Advnture said:

Since flavored cigars aren't typically smoked by those who are true connoisseurs just keep them in a zip lock outside of the caddy a week won't make a difference on those smokes and would risk it at all.
Well, I was going to say Mark is a genius and this is exactly what I was going to say but.....

N2Advnture said:
:jitb: ...I meant "aren't"...except for Todd (Wasch_24), that's all he smokes. :thumbsup:
Now my advice is to send them to Mark and in exchange he will send you two habanos for every one flavored cigar.

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
If you're worried about transporting them outside of the caddy (getting crushed/damaged), you could stick them in a small tupperware.
That way you can still toss them in with your luggage and they should be ok.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
All joking aside...but them inside 123 ziplock baggies, stuff them in a large cardboard box and add lots of newspaper...tape that sucker shut like it's got weed inside you don't want to lose, and UPS it to the final destination...wash your hands, and have a real smoke!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Vacuum seal them. Place bag in tupperware. Vacuum seal the tupperware. Place the vacuumed sealed tupperware which contain the vacuum sealed sticks inside a sealed 5 gallon bucket. Vacuum seal the bucket. Place the vacuumed sealed bucket which contains the vacuumed sealed tupperware which contains the vacuumed sealed sticks inside a duffel bag. Vacuum seal the duffel bag.

If you want to be safe I guess you could place the bag in the trunk instead of in the interior of the car...but no need to over think the situation.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
DWavs said:
Vacuum seal them. Place bag in tupperware. Vacuum seal the tupperware. Place the vacuumed sealed tupperware which contain the vacuum sealed sticks inside a sealed 5 gallon bucket. Vacuum seal the bucket. Place the vacuumed sealed bucket which contains the vacuumed sealed tupperware which contains the vacuumed sealed sticks inside a duffel bag. Vacuum seal the duffel bag.

If you want to be safe I guess you could place the bag in the trunk instead of in the interior of the car...but no need to over think the situation.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: