What's new

Flying Dog Imperial Coffee Stout made with Black Dog Coffee

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Let me call a few buddies tomorrow to find out where it's going.

It should be available locally, hell, I work only a few miles from the brewery.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Agreed :agreeclen

Hopefully I was included in the 'hookup' or else I end up looking like an ass

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thanks, Eric! I will make sure you get some!
The folks at Flying Dog are great but sometimes it's hard to get accurate info out of them. This is actually the third run, the first two being draft (even though they told me the second would be bottled). I've also been told by them that this was going to be a regular seasonal offering in the Wild Dog line, that it would be bottled in 750ml bottles and be available in 49 states. The label pretty clearly says 12oz, though so who knows. Cool by me, just so they keep brewing it!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Copied for those that do not want to click.

(Frederick, MD) – Flying Dog Brewery is set to release the latest in its Wild Dog Series.

It sounds as though Flying Dog Coffee Stout may hit stores by year’s end. Per Brewmaster, Matt Brophy, on Twitter this past Tuesday: “Black Dog Coffee custom roast & grind added to our Imperial Coffee Stout today. Going into 12oz bottles this year! Packaging next week.”

This will be the second batch, the first having been available only on draft. As for bottles, the brewery is calling this a one-off release on one of its event pages so this is a “get it while you can” release. A brewery rep confirmed that this would be limited to the mid-Atlantic area (not sure exactly what states). Don’t expect to find it in New England or other regions where Flying Dog is sold.

Label copy: “Ditch the yuppies with their overpriced lattes and pour yourself a pint of our robust coffee stout. Brewed with a secret roast from The Black Dog Coffee Company, it’s the perfect balance of nutty coffee flavors and chocolate malt notes. Perfect morning, noon and night, this stout’s velvety taste will make it hard to ever return to your favorite acne-prone barista. (He’ll live).”

Stats: 8.9% ABV, 40 IBU, 12 oz. bottles (4pk I believe)