What's new

Flying domestically with bottles

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m going to be flying tomorrow to Richmond for about 4 days for work. This is my first time ever flying and I was wondering what the rules are if I wanted to do some bourbon hunting down there and bring home a few bottles. I’ve heard they have to be in a checked bag and to pack them well. Is this correct?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In or out of country? I've wrapped them up in my dirty underwear and checked them without a problem. There are FDA TSA /FAA approved shipping containers that will fit in your baggage that are probably better then the underwear trick.

Each airline is different, customs is different. Their biggest concern is the bottle breaking and being a mess or fire hazard. Ask the airline.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
In or out of country? I've wrapped them up in my dirty underwear and checked them without a problem. There are FDA approved shipping containers that will fit in your baggage that are probably better then the underwear trick.

Each airline is different, customs is different. Their biggest concern is the bottle breaking and being a mess or fire hazard. Ask the airline.
In country, American Airlines. I’ll definitely give that a look

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My wife travels domestically and internationally for work and brings home wine and beer wrapped in clothing all the time with no problem. Of course it's in checked bags.

Now saying that, I'm definitely going to look into the bags Tom listed for my trip to Ireland coming up.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No problems with breakage or anything (I wrapped my bottles in clothes and taped a bag around them lol), but I did have some leakage on one bottle, I guess due to altitude. Was minimal, not even an ounce if I were to guess.