What's new

Flying with a Torch Lighter

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Well TSA has changed, But look out for the torch Lighter, (both carry on and checked baggage) I had a three burner taken by TSA (because of this) It was in the Colibri Tranzpack , just a heads up folks, Most of the TSA people don't have a clue. Some will let it through, some will not.
http://www.cigarreportdaily.com/column/3/14087.html

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ronson (3 dollars at walmart)- put it in your checked bag in your toiletries. Lots of metal and liquids in there to begin with.

Made it to London and back with no confiscation.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put the $3-5 Ronson Jet-Lite in the DOT-approved Otter Box carrier designed for Zippos (it fits perfectly) in my packed luggage. I have never had a problem yet, and I fly about once a month. However, I pack the Ronson instead of my Dupont or even one of my Zippos with butane imports, just in case my bag falls into the hands of some cretin.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
The Blazer CG-001 is damn near undetectable when going through the metal detectors. I've never had a problem with getting it past and I just keep it in my pocket.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Well TSA has changed, But look out for the torch Lighter, (both carry on and checked baggage) I had a three burner taken by TSA (because of this) It was in the Colibri Tranzpack , just a heads up folks, Most of the TSA people don't have a clue. Some will let it through, some will not.
http://www.cigarreportdaily.com/column/3/14087.html
Well I was told you could carry on Torch lighters just bic lighters. As far as checked bags they should not touch it.

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
They still Xray Check Bags, and they found mine, needless to say, I wasn't happy ........:angryteet

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
They still Xray Check Bags, and they found mine, needless to say, I wasn't happy ........:angryteet
I'll say, did you have it in a special container. I have heard that they will take it if it is not sealed in one of 3 containers cleared by TSA.

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
O yes a Colibri Tranzpack DOT approved, it wasn't the case, It was the Torch Lighter , they showed me the write up, NO Torch Lighter in Black and white ........(only good thing , it was one of the older ones, but still)

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
O yes a Colibri Tranzpack DOT approved, it wasn't the case, It was the Torch Lighter , they showed me the write up, NO Torch Lighter in Black and white ........(only good thing , it was one of the older ones, but still)
am so sorry to hear that, oh and I would be pissed!

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Damn, I always use a Tranzpack and carry my oldest Xtend in it when checking luggage. When not checking luggage I use a Colibri Junebug and like Wade carry it in my pocket right through the metal detector.