What's new

Foam tray question

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Some of you have purchased my travel humidors, and my foam travel humidor trays. Should I keep the foam as is, or get a stiffer foam? The stiffer foam would make the tray easier to carry. The Zero Haliburton travel humidors use plastic trays, so there is really no softness to the tray. What do you think?

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I would like to see a stiffer foam, sometimes when you have them full and take out the tray, the weight of the cigars make them bend and the cigars to take a little ride....

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Ron,

I'm with Rich. The trays are much better than what comes with them, but a bit stiffer foam would make it easier to take the loaded up trays in and out.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Stiffer foam would be great. I do like my new case. It was great traveling with. Auto pressure release.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
my trays use the same density foam as other travel humi companies. I have toyed with the idea of using stiffer foam so that the tray could be carried around without collapsing. if the tray is too hard, then they could cause damage to your cigars if you squeezed them in your travel humi a little too tight. Then I started thinking how the zero haliburton travel humidors that i sell have plastic trays, and i have not heard any complaints. so , i am just kicking the idea around.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I agree that a stiffer tray would suit me better personally. Like Tubaman says, when I lift out a loaded upper tray to get below, the trays are difficult to handle.

I don't see any issues, as far as damage would go, by using a stiffer plastic tray.