What's new

"Food" Reading...

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Does anyone here enjoy reading food writing, or biographies of food personalities, or anything of the sort?

My local library sucks when it comes to keeping a lot of the newer food writings up to date. And personally, it sucks to spend at least $10 a pop, to get books to read. So, I had a thought...

I was thinking about if there was any interest either on here, or I might check Facebook, of starting a "Food Book Club". Basically, organize a group of people, and we submit some kind of list of books we would be interested in reading. If someone has one of those books already, they could pass it along. Otherwise, once a list was agreed upon with common books, by the group, each person could purchase one of the books on the reading list. When everyone had finished reading their book, everyone can swap. And continue swapping until everyone has read each purchased book. Might be a crazy idea... might work.

Anyway, before I even begin to organize something like that... Just curious... How many of you all enjoy food writing?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I've never read anything of the like, but it sounds interesting to me. Back when I actually had cable, I spent the majority of my time watching the Food Channel. I can't cook worth a damn, but I'd love to be able to some day... Gives me inspiration.

I'm a pro at making/fancying up Ramen though :thumbsup: :bouncetau