What's new

Football Pool

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I looked at CBS site now that looks confusing. This is just basic math

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Ahh okay, you haven't been a member long enough yet. I run a confidence pool. From the posting…

What is a confidence pool you ask?
    • Picks are made "straight up", not using a point spread system.
    • Each pool member picks every NFL game for the week.
    • In addition to picking the winning team, members must rank how confident they are that the team they picked will win. The more points assigned to a pick, the more confident they are that team will win.
    • For each correct pick, they receive the number of points they assigned to that pick.
    • Ties are worth 0 points
    • At the end of the season the player(s) with the most points win.
Seems easy enough, what's the ante?

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
With all seriousness, why? I offer a very easy inexpensive contest. I said a commissioner is needed to hold the cigars, n work with me as in nada. I'll gladly figure the wins n loses weekly, as will most who play as they want to know where they are in the standings.
Well there's more to the post than that, I was just posting the concept for you.

As for why? Why not? It's still automated through a website and some people like something a little more strategic. There's nothing stopping you from running a pool in tandem. There usually are a few going at once. Some people also like to play for higher end sticks (mine is a premium pool).

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Premium pool = ?

Here was the entry from last year…

Entry fee is 5 premium cigars (Padron, Opus X, HTF, CCs, Liga Privada, Tats, etc.) worth at least $60 (We're an upstanding group of gentlemen on this forum. There are some $8 tats that are premium, but Perdomo Champagne are not. All cigars should be premium and total retail worth $60+. Don't be the dick bag that sends crap. If you have any questions PM me.)

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Okay I'm in for $60.00 worth of Cigars, and will continue to see if there's any interest in my proposal Tyvm. Please keep me posted, or I will contact you.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
To reference the above, is anyone interested in being the commissioner of the league?
Then if all goes well we can start getting those antes in and finally start the League. A lot of fun and the more players the larger the payout.

Thus please contact me for becoming the commissioner.
Thank you,
Genuine

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
To clarify my previous post, it should state reference July 19th. Post sorry for my err

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm down. There is a more simple way called the survivor pool. Each week you only have to pick one winner. That's it. Once you pick wrong, you're out. No point spreads, you just pick a winner. I remember when the Jaguars were pitiful our survivor pool made the rule of no picking the Jags opponent each week haha. But I don't see there being a big stinker in the league this year, except maybe the Browns. Who Dey!

But I'm down regardless the structure of this friendly way to make Sunday's a little more exciting. Chance to win a bunch of gars? I'm down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this method sounds too easy. But trust me, there's always an upset that'll knock out a handful of people at once. It happens in bunches.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I'm down. There is a more simple way called the survivor pool. Each week you only have to pick one winner. That's it. Once you pick wrong, you're out. No point spreads, you just pick a winner. I remember when the Jaguars were pitiful our survivor pool made the rule of no picking the Jags opponent each week haha. But I don't see there being a big stinker in the league this year, except maybe the Browns. Who Dey!

But I'm down regardless the structure of this friendly way to make Sunday's a little more exciting. Chance to win a bunch of gars? I'm down!

Tyvm Gar, I have Jamie to thank for pointing you in my direction.
It's simple and fun if enough players come aboard the payout will be sweet.
If you know of anyone please mention this as I want to get started and that means getting the players n a commissioner, and of course the ante of 4 sticks, totaling around $25.00.
Thank you again