What's new

For all of the Yankees fans....

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm too young to have seen "the greats" play, & I'm a Boston fan so I spent the better part of my life hating the Yankees... But even I respect Jeter. Not for his stats (which, if he was always PED free put him at a disadvantage for a few years at least), but for the way he played the game & conducted himself on & off the field.

This guy mentions A-Rod as a better player... You know, the guy currently suspended? The same guy that slaps at people's gloves while running to 1st lol. Baseball is a game of numbers, sure. But is it wrong to celebrate the career of a guy who played the game "the right way"?

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I think Jetter is a great player, and has done things the right way. But I am not a fan of making the entire season for a team about one person. I'm a die hard Red Sox fan, and have a lot of respect for Ortiz who is very vocal about not wanting a "farewell tour" because it takes the focus away from the rest of the team.

Great players don't need to be told before every one of the 162 games that they are great.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
and yes the dedication tour is F-ing ridiculous but like any other business strategy...they are sucking every possible dollar out of it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm a die hard Red Sox fan, and have a lot of respect for Ortiz who is very vocal about not wanting a "farewell tour" because it takes the focus away from the rest of the team.
As much as I appreciate Papi's clutch performances, his association with PEDs will always be in the backs of people's minds, regardless of if he's guilty or innocent... Even if he wanted a farewell tour, he wouldn't get much of one outside of Boston.

I love his personality & the championships he's helped Boston get, but he's a terrible defensive player, had a few less than stellar seasons, and has had more than a few drama-filled headlines... The exact opposite of Jeter lol

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Keith Olbermann is a douche. Nothing like bashing one of the classiest players just to get a ratings boost... I'd bet 90% of people don't even know who Keith Olbermann is...

Last edited:

brandoncpm

BoM Nov '13
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I'm a die hard Red Sox fan, and have a lot of respect for Ortiz who is very vocal about not wanting a "farewell tour" because it takes the focus away from the rest of the team.
As much as I appreciate Papi's clutch performances, his association with PEDs will always be in the backs of people's minds, regardless of if he's guilty or innocent... Even if he wanted a farewell tour, he wouldn't get much of one outside of Boston.

I love his personality & the championships he's helped Boston get, but he's a terrible defensive player, had a few less than stellar seasons, and has had more than a few drama-filled headlines... The exact opposite of Jeter lol
Ortiz is a horrible defender which why he's DH and doesn't play in the field. Being Dh has its own set of challenges and why numerous players has failed in their attempt to do this. He is possibly the greatest at that position of all time. As far as PEDs, I would've taken a shot in my ass too if it got me a 20 mil a year contract :)

Plus not taking PEDs helped Jeter, all those bloops over the first basemans head may have actually been fly ball outs with any pop in his bat :)

Rating - 100%
262   0   0

Ortiz is a horrible defender which why he's DH and doesn't play in the field. Being Dh has its own set of challenges and why numerous players has failed in their attempt to do this. He is possibly the greatest at that position of all time. As far as PEDs, I would've taken a shot in my ass too if it got me a 20 mil a year contract :)

Plus not taking PEDs helped Jeter, all those bloops over the first basemans head may have actually been fly ball outs with any pop in his bat :)
Lol

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
To anyone that can not appreciate how Derek played the game in THIS day and age, you do not understand baseball. Was he the best ever, no. Was he the best during his time, probably not. Did he play the game the way it's suppose to be played, YES. He couldn't of ended his career any better than he did tonight. ABSOLUTLY amazing. The dude had a knack.....