What's new

For all you Coffee Junkies!!!

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Brothers, If you are a true coffee whore, you will love this.

I got tired of buying coffee pots that work for a year and go to shit, I bought a $80 Caphalon coffee pot a few months back, From the first pot till I took it back I never made a pot of coffee without running water all over the counter. No matter what I tried I would piss water from somewhere. So I took it back and Bed Bath and Beyond was great about returnining it after being used for a couple months. So I said to hell with it and after being highly recomended by one of the managers of BBB, I bought this Breville Coffee pot.

I have to say it is the best damn coffee pot I have ever bought. Better yet It makes the best damn pot of coffee I have ever had. I grinds and brews. Has several strength settings and you can choose between single cup to travel mugs to full pot. It is the best damn Coffee maker Period. But I know the price is kind of steep, but if like me you are sick of buying coffee pots that never get the job done right, or break after a year or two, consider one of these. You will be glad you did.

Coffee pot.jpg

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=18713152&

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
you rang. o)

seen it, and they make good work. glad it's working for you. i usually get at least five hard years out of my bunn (it's like a chain gang for a coffee maker), but if it goes south imma put that on the list, and thanks. o)

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
That looks really nice. I like the coffee mug option on the side a lot. I use a french press on the weekends. And during the week it is just Red Bull and out the door. My wife uses and loves the Keurig, and I don't see that changing. So, I guess I have coffee maker envy?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Another good drip maker is a Capresso. I bought mine in 2009 it hasn't missed a beat. They have 1200 watt heaters in the tank which makes the brewing water appropriately hot. Only thing that makes better coffee in my house is the press. This machine was a world of difference compared to my last machine which was a leaker and didn't heat water hot enough to make a good pot.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Nice find, Kelly! I'll keep this in mind for when I need another one. I just have a Cuisinart w/a built-in grinder, nothing real fancy, but it does make great coffee and I love a permanent filter vs. paper (maybe I'm crazy, but I swear it tastes better).

I also use a cold pot regularly (Japanese style, not French Press). I love always having coffee ready for emergencies!!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Had the same issue with s Krups thermal. Was fine for about 8 months then every 4th of 5th batch it would spill all over the counter. I got used to putting a towel around the base when I set it for the next morning. Currently using a technivorm moccamaster. Makes fantastic coffee but no timer.
Definitely going to check out the breville. Thanks for the intel. Wanted to make sure the same issue wasn't going to happen with this one, G1

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Nice find, Kelly! I'll keep this in mind for when I need another one. I just have a Cuisinart w/a built-in grinder, nothing real fancy, but it does make great coffee and I love a permanent filter vs. paper (maybe I'm crazy, but I swear it tastes better).

I also use a cold pot regularly (Japanese style, not French Press). I love always having coffee ready for emergencies!!
Thats because the metal filters let more of the coffee oils through, paper filters trap a lot of the oils in the paper.
I love this coffee pot, It is just great. as long as it last me more than 5 years.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are so many ways to enjoy our coffee and once I tried the FP I was sold and I've had just about every type of coffee maker there is. Coffee and what makes them is a matter of taste and ease....I have a great electric kettle that makes hot water in about 2 minutes and with the FP I can make as much FP coffee as I want but use a 16 ounces FP which gives me what I want in the mornings. From start to finish only takes about 4 minutes to make the best coffee and that's about the same time as brewing coffee in just about every system there is. The FP I use is 4 years already and I have 2 more as backups just in case. Now it's all about the beans as when I travel I make sure to bring some back and enjoy those.