What's new

For All you Rocky Haters Out there! *lol*

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Check this out!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGpjeoH3vnM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGpjeoH3vnM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I don&#8217;t think anybody here has anything bad to say about Rocky Patel. From what I have heard he is a very nice down to earth guy. His cigars are a whole different issue. Dye? Water? Shoe polish? Whatever it is, it comes off on my fingers and my lips, and turned my spit brown. Some sticks are decent to good though and I don&#8217;t want to act as if my humi doesn&#8217;t have a spot for a couple at any given time. I actually have a whole box of ITC10th in there right now. But if it&#8217;s got a dark wrapper I stay away.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Every now and then I'll pick up a fiver of RP seconds if I get a good deal on them. Really pretty tasty, priced right, excellent construction, and I don't think I've ever had any dyed ones. I agree, the ITC is really a pretty good smoke, but I just can't bring myself to pay msrp for RP anything. I've had a few vintage 90 and 92 that were pretty good as well. Most of those I didn't buy, though.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Some people are just dye-ing to try them.

I am not one of those people.

Like 'Price says....He's a decent guy, but the whole dye issue is pretty bad; especially because they continue to refuse to address it.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Why must cigars be on "steroids". Are they not made correct the first time. To me, steroids imply a negative connotation.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What we do without hype and marketing? I've come to expect that every new cigar that is danced out is the best one yet and I've only been let down...( let's see how many times....uh,,,more than once? )

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You're dead to me now Excel...:sadcry: j/k!

I've been stained up by one of the OWR maduros before. Funny thing is that I thought it was a pretty decent cigar.

I met Rocky once when I was just getting into cigars, I knew very little about them and it probably showed. He was very short with me and acted as though I was bothering him. He finally pointed to his rep across the room and said "That guy can probably help you."

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
I am looking forward to trying it BUT- i do think that its retarded how he says the same thing about every stick he comes out with.

however, i like some of his smokes including the decade...so ill probly try it...my cousin works for rocky...he was telling me yesterday some inside details about the blend hehehe

Cousin says that the cigar will be in 4 vitolas and the corona gorda is the best one...hints of cedar, and caramel. Spicy and full flavored/medium-full bodied...

he sent me some pre-releeases :)

Last edited:

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Paul... Hook me up w a stick if you get a couple? I'll
trade you something "decent"... (to say the least...)

For all of you Rocky Broadleaf lovers out there... He just completed a project with CigarKing.com, and he also released a full bodied broadleafed wrapped cigar with Emersons too! Might not be that bad.... Maybe we should do a split on a 5er of both! Anybody game? :hysterica
I am looking forward to trying it BUT- i do think that its retarded how he says the same thing about every stick he comes out with.

however, i like some of his smokes including the decade...so ill probly try it...my cousin works for rocky...he was telling me yesterday some inside details about the blend hehehe

Cousin says that the cigar will be in 4 vitolas and the corona gorda is the best one...hints of cedar, and caramel. Spicy and full flavored/medium-full bodied...

he sent me some pre-releeases :)

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I find it funny that some guys love bashing RP and other Cigar makers out there. First of all they must be doing something right or they wouldn't be a major force in the indusrty. I only like a couple of RP products but I only like a couple of Fuente's and DPG's as well. Being that taste is subjective I don't think it's fair to bash a maker for that reason. We all like different brands and different flavors and this is what the industry tries to provide. If I had any complaint about cigars it would be the cost which is something we all feel on the pocketbooks. just my 2 pennies!