What's new

For anyone looking to receive a flag flown in Afghanistan...

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Last call for anyone interested. I'm placing the order Saturday morning. Let me know if you're still interested and are not yet listed on the first post in this thread. Thanks!

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Got it! Everyone is updated and the front page should accurately reflect who has ordered. I paid out of pocket for a few extras that haven't yet sent me payment but were still interested as well as some for myself. Worst case I'll have them to send out as bombs. ;) Looking for them in the mail in 5-7 days. I'm glad I can do this for everyone! I plan on taking a special picture for the entire community too, and a few bombs for some of my special old friends here at BOTL.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
missed this. if you do this again, i'm in. wish i had thought of something like this when i was in vietnam.

thanks brother for your service.
/john

Last edited:

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
missed this. if you do this again, i'm in. wish i had thought of something like this when i was in vietnam.

thanks brother for your service.
/john
Thank you for yours sir! If you're still interested we can probably work something out.

Update: To all who ordered the flags are still headed this way and will hopefully be here soon. I'll let you know as soon as they arrive via email. I'm also going to be confirming what everyone wants on the certificate before I send them out.

Attachments

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
which one is you???
Far left. I thought the name tag "Bailey" would have given it away lol. I'm in 1st Air Cav but I'm OPCON'd to 10th Mountain. The two guys in the middle are my Task Force Commander and "Standardization Pilot". Dan Ramsey is one of my buddies from my unit on the right. We're trying to build our cigar club up. :)

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Update for everyone. All flags have been flown and shipping labels printed! I'm working on printing off all 40 certificates, but it is taking a little time. Hopefully I'll be able to have them all shipped out in the next few days. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the certificates.

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Anyone have any experience with the USPS Assistant App? I'm trying to install it so I can print off all the customs forms and make it a little easier on myself at the post office, but I keep getting a registration error. Is there a PDF or word version somewhere the post office will honor?