BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
You can resize it in microsoft paint :smt075 . Never heard of that smoke before

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
could it be a partagas serie d no. 4 robusto from the 150th anniversary of partagas?

if so they were released on september '95. 50 sd4 robustos were included in a humidor originally containing a total of 150 cigars.

edit: was this a single cigar that he had left, or an entire box? if it is a box then disregard the possibility of it being a partagas 150.

Fonsecakid

Fonsecakid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jordon said:
Anyone ever hear of PSD #4 Especiales

A quote from a friend:

After more conversation about cigars.. he asked me what my favourite vitola was.. I told him the rubusto..... He brought me out a box of PSD #4's... from the Partagas Anniversary party!!! He told me that it was the last one that he had.. and he'd like me to have it.. ( I had to pay for it of course)..

The man who sold him the cigars is the manager of the Partagas store in the Partagas factory in Havana. His name is Abel. He has a pic but it is too large for me to upload and I am too lazy to resize it.
Abel still runs the Partagas store. Never heard of the PSD #4 Especiales though, but it can mean any of the special releases that has been made during the last 10 yrs and cotaining a robusto. Or it could be a custom made "Especiales", something the say to make the product sound good. Was it good??

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
was this a single cigar that he had left, or an entire box? if it is a box then disregard the possibility of it being a partagas 150.
Whole box.

Fonsecakid: I don't know if they are good. They aren't mine.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
gvlagos said:
whats on the second band?
I will ask but it looks like

"all specially banded with the Partagas XI black anniversary cigar label"

I am guessing that this is a special release of the PSD#4 from the 157th Ann. in 2002

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
yes, those are tienda psd4s. they were released in celebration of the 157th anniversary of the partagas brand as well in conjuction with the 11th anniversary of the partagas store.

the second label reads: XI Aniversario tienda Partagas

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
okay, from what I can see in the second picture it appears to be a partagas salomones II. the ones I have seen have a "especialidades 1996" band, I don't think there are ones with just regular partagas rectangular bands. very interesting indeed.

Fonsecakid

Fonsecakid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´ve seen the Partagas sallies in a plain dressed box once. It was in Barcelona and I had the good luck of visiting a very nice Club Epicur member - he had the most impressive collection I´ve ever seen (and I only saw half of it). He gifted me one Siglo VI, 2 months before anyone I knew got any and it was one of the best cigars I ever smoked. He had everything in his collection, tons of custom Diademas and Salomones, Partagas 155 humi, cigars from 1940 (Hoyo in glas tubes) etc etc. He also had a box of Partags Salomones, the cigars inside was wonderful, dark and oily - I got a lump in mu throat when looking at them (true). I also have had contact with another collector who says he got a box. With all this said I can´t say for sure they where real, but I´m pretty sure the Club Epicure member wouldn´t buy any falsarios (he had been in Havanna many times and is a veteran smoker and collector).

Edited: Sorry, the ones I saw in the dressed box was with regular bands.