What's new

For those that smoke in the house? Does it smell?

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Sell the house and move to AZ, then your only concern will be how to smoke in 110 degree heat. Seriously though I'm not even allowed to bring my clothes into the house that I smoke in. My wife makes me strip down in the garage becuase the clothes alone permeate everything in the walk in closet.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Ive been debating weather or not to smoke in my new house or not. I have one room, that's going to be my computer / office room and that would be the only room I would do it in. My biggest fear is the smell.

So for those of you that do smoke in your house, does it smell or how do you make sure it doesn't?

I also have a detached garage that I currently am smoking in, its just got no heat so it does get cold in there. plus there really isn't anything to do. Obviously all that can be fixed, but it will need a thing or 2 before I could actually put things like a desk or table out there with some furniture.

OK I just have a few questions.

Are you married and if so does your wife or SO if you are not mind the smell of cigars?

If you are single you might not notice the smell of smoke nor friends. My wife has the nose of a bloodhound, so I can have a cigar outside or in a cigar bar. Come home shower brush my teeth and mouthwash and she still smells cigar.....

No matter what there will be some smell of cigar smoke in your place, you or your friends might not notice but it will always be there.

If you are single then have at it. Just vent the room as much as possible.

Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OK I just have a few questions.

Are you married and if so does your wife or SO if you are not mind the smell of cigars?

If you are single you might not notice the smell of smoke nor friends. My wife has the nose of a bloodhound, so I can have a cigar outside or in a cigar bar. Come home shower brush my teeth and mouthwash and she still smells cigar.....

No matter what there will be some smell of cigar smoke in your place, you or your friends might not notice but it will always be there.

If you are single then have at it. Just vent the room as much as possible.

Enjoy!
Yeah, no wife and single. Most of my friends smoke or don't mind the smell. It would only be one room so just that room would be stinky if anything really.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I smoke in my house. A few things I have to mitigate lingering smells.

I have an open floor plan and I smoke in the living room. It has tile floors and leather furniture. If it's warm, I open windows on opposite sides of them room. In winter' I turn on the kitchen vent on the stove. That's my ventilation and mitigation parts.

Even with that, smells would still linger. So I also go one step further with elimination. I have an ionizer that works wonders for eliminating all odors. Then, I also burn candles for a fresh cover.

My fiancé and I both smoke in the living Rooney. Our routine goes something like this...

Turn on the kitchen vent or open the window, turn on ionizer, maybe light a candle (mostly on weekends), then we light cigars and smoke away. When done, I'll usually leave the vent & ionizer on until the morning. By morning, the smell is usually gone.

Sunday's are usually the most taxing on my system during football season. We smoke a crapload of cigars all day long. So I'll frequently leave the ionizer on all day on Monday.

Hope this helps!

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I smoke in our apartment very rarely but i have just bought a Biozone that pretty much makes sure it does not smell at all, my fiancé didn't know I smoked in the apartment, when I told her she was impressed that there was no smell so now I smoke indoors more often.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Then go for it!
If you don't have a significant other who would be bothered by it, there's no reason why you shouldn't. You say its going to be in one room, just make sure you don't have anything large that is fabric i.e. carpet, couches etc. If anything, the smell will permeate the material. That being said, the real "stale stank" comes from the ashes and the butts that are left in the ash tray. If you dare, try this-smoke a cigar and when you're done, promptly remove the ash tray and make sure the window's open. Another day, do the same just leave the ash tray in the room. You'll notice that when your remove the ash tray, there may be a note of cigar smoke but its the nice smell that makes you say ahhh like when you walk into a shop. With the ash tray remaining in the room you'll notice the bad smell which will take a few extra days to get rid of compared to removing it. G1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25x25 room I smoke in with wood floors and leather couches and it doesnt smell like a cigar at all after 24 hours. I've been smoking cigars in here for a month now and it airs out. Spray some ozium and it kills the smell.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, it will stink. For how long depends on you.

I have one room I smoke in with wood floor and leather furniture. There are only 2 throw rugs. I close the doors to every room in the apartment before hand, I empty and clean the ashtrays every evening and open the windows for 5 minutes afterwards. The throw rugs I vacuum weekly. G1 has it right about the ashtray. Makes a big difference.

I had 7 cigar smokers over this Saturday evening for a Christmas party and we smoked ALOT. Afterwards, I cleaned up, emptied the ashtrays, aired out the room and lit a Lampe Berger (these things are worth their weight in gold) for about 15 minutes afterwards. Couldn't smell it the next morning.

It only takes a few minutes afterwards to do these couple things in order to enjoy a cigar in comfort instead of freezing your nads off staring at a shelf in your garage. Hope this helps.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm not a house-smoker, I understand that aside from the obvious ventilation and weather-stripping considerations, that there are paints/sealers that can be used to protect the walls/ceiling from smoke. Beyond that, any fabrics you keep in the room (carpet, curtains, furniture) are going to retain a lot of smell.
That's totally right. From my experience

have fun

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah, There is carpet in the room. I'm pretty sure its got hardwood underneath it but I'm still a little wary about pulling it up, I mean its brand new, it would be a shame. Plus I kinda like it and Im not keen on the office chair rolling around on it. I suppose if it really does become a problem I can pull it up.

Carpet and paint are things I can easily fix whenever I do get ready to sell the house. I'm mostly concerned with it getting into stuff I cant easily get the smell out of. I think if I do keep the doors shut and vent air out, cover off the vents and air return I should be ok.

I have a candle that I can burn too and Ill look into the Lampe Bergers. down the road when I get a little extra money Ill look into an air purifier maybe.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The single works great for one but if more want to herf in the garage, it might get a little to up close and personal for me. This thing is definitely going to increase my winter smoking at home.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
The single works great for one but if more want to herf in the garage, it might get a little to up close and personal for me. This thing is definitely going to increase my winter smoking at home.
Worthwhile investment! :thumbsup: