What's new

Found couple of sticks with mold....

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Have remedied the problem. Have removed all traces from said sticks, and they've been in "quarentine" for a week. How long should I leave them out of my new tupperdor, before I re-introduce them to humidity?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I don't think you should. I think you have already picked out what you are going to smoke for the next few days. I wouldn't put them back with sticks that never showed any signs of mold. The chance you removed every mold spore is pretty slim. I'm sure some would say to trash them, but I'm tooo cheap for that.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
If there wasn't too much visable mold and it was easy to brush off they are probably fine to smoke, but don't put them back in the humi with the others. It happens.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
You can wipe the mold off with distilled water if it hasn't spread to the foot of the cigar and it'll be okay. No biggie there. I really don't think it'll spread if you wiped them off. JMHO

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
As others have said, if the mold didn't get to the foot wipe em down and smoke them.

Some say leave them seperated for another week or so if you don't want to smoke them, if the mold doesn't reappear put them in the humi.

The other school of thought says smoke em up and don't put them with your good sticks.

Your choice, I've done both with no problems.

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks guys, been worried about them a little bit....but i guess it's gonna be alright. The mold was very light, and wiped right off with a dry paper towel.

Think I'll torch one up, and see how it goes.....

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
You never know it might have some great intoxicating affects. Like smoking a Joint with mushrooms in it. Not that I've ever done that before.:eyebrow:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I would know what you are talking about.
Being that you live very near to wild mushroom territory. I'm sure you and many of you colledge buddies have done this once or twice. Personally I always like mine au natural, or maybe with some ranch dressing. But I digress. ( 1st time i've ever used that phrase)

So Kluster...How did that moldy oldy smoke?

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Naw, just kidding, I didn't see the stick so there's no way of telling, I was just being a smart ass as I usually am! But it would've been funny!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Or maybe that was some special mold and he is acctually seeing visions of angels. If that is the case, I want the other cigars that had mold on them.:wink: