What's new

Found my new hobby.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
New here from Texas. Glad to find this forum. I recently left the saltwater reef tank hobby and somehow got hooked on cigars and cigar collecting. I had a reef tank up almost 10 years and got burned out on it last year. I’m also a moderator on one of the larger reef related forums out there.

I started out a few months ago with a box and a couple singles in an old dorm fridge I’m using as a humidor and now I wonder where I’m gonna put my next singles I bought. 6293C56B-4F35-4A8D-B408-D9ABE7A63CAC.jpeg

I just discovered the world of CC and am slowly smoking and building my collection.
2255AB62-46B8-48C5-94C5-2A75C7EA99B5.jpeg
FB7EF238-CBDB-4A85-A5A7-2F375484FDA3.jpeg

Looking forward to talking with you all.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
New here from Texas. Glad to find this forum. I recently left the saltwater reef tank hobby and somehow got hooked on cigars and cigar collecting. I had a reef tank up almost 10 years and got burned out on it last year. I’m also a moderator on one of the larger reef related forums out there.

I started out a few months ago with a box and a couple singles in an old dorm fridge I’m using as a humidor and now I wonder where I’m gonna put my next singles I bought. View attachment 107952

I just discovered the world of CC and am slowly smoking and building my collection.
View attachment 107953
View attachment 107955

Looking forward to talking with you all.
Both are quite in depth hobbies and you can easily fall down the rabbit hole here too. I used to have a reef tank around 5 years ago as well and was a mod on a couple smaller sites. I assume you are still a mod on RC?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome Ritter! Exactly how long have you been smoking for?
Thanks! Just about 4-5 months. I went on a cruise to the Caribbean in January and wanted to pick up some boxes of Cubans. I decided before I went I better educate myself on what a good cigar was and what I needed to get. Now that I have a full humidor and a few boxes of CC I want more CC and less everything else. :)

Both are quite in depth hobbies and you can easily fall down the rabbit hole here too. I used to have a reef tank around 5 years ago as well and was a mod on a couple smaller sites. I assume you are still a mod on RC?
Reef2reef. I still hang out there some but I just don’t have an interest in answering questions about how to kill aiptasia anymore. :D

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Reef2reef. I still hang out there some but I just don’t have an interest in answering questions about how to kill aiptasia anymore. :D
Haha, yeah aiptasia and which salt is better. Don’t miss answering 20 threads a day about those both :dead: Yeah, I remember R2R, used to hang out there quite a bit. Welcome to BOTL from Colorado, it’s a great place with a lot of enablers, kinda like R2R. (y)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome fellow Texan. Hows that mini fridge working out for you? Im guessing your not using it for temp control.
Thanks! Yeah it’s unplugged and I siliconed the drain hole in it. Working perfectly surprisingly. I wasn’t sure it would seal well enough but it’s been rock solid so far. I’m using 65% heartfelt beads and xikar fans and I haven’t had an issue yet.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha, yeah aiptasia and which salt is better. Don’t miss answering 20 threads a day about those both :dead: Yeah, I remember R2R, used to hang out there quite a bit. Welcome to BOTL from Colorado, it’s a great place with a lot of enablers, kinda like R2R. (y)
You know one of the worst things in a reef are all the pests you can pick up. First I learned of cigar beetles I immediately debated in my head a quarantine set up. Lol