What's new

Found something that works

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Just picked this up on Wednesday. Got a pretty good deal, so I couldn't pass it up. A bit of an upgrade from my mini-fridge.
Haier 49 bottle wine cellar. Going to have to figure out shelves soon enough as it has lots of shelf-ledges. Forrest you might be getting a question come your way in the future heh. I love the fact that I can adjust temp from 39-65 degrees, and it also reads humidity (bonus).
It sure pales in comparison to the last couple storage posts, but I can't compete with an outright BALLER, and an amazing cabinet pickup for the price :)

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Adam, where the hell did you find a 49 bottle Thermoelectric model? I looked around for a while before I bought my 28 bottle but I couldn't find anything larger

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Nice pick up. What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? I've already outgrown my humidor(s) & I'm thinking of going that route soon...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
One of my refrigeration wholesalers had it. They never carry them, but for some reason brought it in for someone who didn't pick it up. It had been kicking around in the back warehouse for a while, got a scratch on the side, and they lost the screws for the handle. So they gave me the "scratch and dent" price...sort of. Being as I have been around there and have a good relationship with them, I ended up picking the thing up for $250. I was like the lady in the Ikea commercial " START THE CAR, START THE CAR". It is perfect timing as some people will be pitching in for it as my birthday present.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
that thing is sweet! even though I have that big cabinet I still probably couldn't even fill up yours, but i'm working on it slowly but surely

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Adam, where the hell did you find a 49 bottle Thermoelectric model? I looked around for a while before I bought my 28 bottle but I couldn't find anything larger
It isn't thermo-electric. It is a plate-cooling style, which is awsome, as it won't dry the air out as bad. I will actually be plugging this one in and using the cooling capability because of the passive cooling set up. It has a compressor down at the bottom back, but uses the whole plate from top to bottom as the evaperator, so no fan cooling, but will differ in temp. from top to bottom as the bottom will inevitably be cooler. Ran it last night just to test it out for the first time. Now I have to get that smell out.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Congrats. Wash with soap and warm water. Air out for a week. Then get a container of activated carbon and leave it in the unit for a month or so.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Congrats. Wash with soap and warm water. Air out for a week. Then get a container of activated carbon and leave it in the unit for a month or so.
Thanks for the info. I actually used a 2.5 pound jug of carbon the other day to try to make a filtration system for the furnace I put in the garage. I think I need more carbon haha. Would post pics, but its not done, or worth a pic.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Update. Here is what it looks like after a little over a month of running. Still have to figure placement out a bit better, but you get the point.
If anyone finds another Haier unit similar to this, I highly recommend it !
Plugged drain hole, plugged "humidity accesses" in the back wall, plugged electrical inlets, now it holds humidity like a motherf*$%#er. I have yet to see it drop below 63, and never gets over 67.