What's new

Foundry Elements etc

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have only seen a brief picture of one on IG.

Not to get too off topic but aren't the metal rings of each of their cigars suppose to do something with one another? Or is that a joke I heard?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No no. These are the new ones came out this year. Not the ones with the ring which I agree we're only decent. The element series are all LEs named after the table of elements. Do a search they LOOK neat

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I have only seen a brief picture of one on IG.

Not to get too off topic but aren't the metal rings of each of their cigars suppose to do something with one another? Or is that a joke I heard?
IIRC the core foundry line from '12 had those gear-based bands. they are supposed to be the key for a foundry humidor released this year?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
those gear-based bands. they are supposed to be the key for a foundry humidor released this year?
Oh my God I've never even seen the humidor and I want it. I think I'm the only person on this forum that LOVED the foundry. Couldn't afford a box but had a ton of them. If the humi is half as cool as what I'm picturing in my head I WANT it.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
those gear-based bands. they are supposed to be the key for a foundry humidor released this year?
Oh my God I've never even seen the humidor and I want it. I think I'm the only person on this forum that LOVED the foundry. Couldn't afford a box but had a ton of them. If the humi is half as cool as what I'm picturing in my head I WANT it.
Nope your not good ole mdwest likes them too. :)

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
It seems like tonight's threads are wandering and turning in to an "I'll bomb you" so I'll try to get this back on track(quality over quantity fellas).

There are 12, yes 12 new Foundry out. 6 are B&M only and 6 are for online retailers. They are given the distinction of "small batch" and "boutique" cigars because they limit the amount being made. Of the 6 B&M ones I saw, 4 were 10 count boxes with no bling ring and 2 were 24 count boxes with a mostly round metal band that is flat on one size with the RG printed on the flat part.

What I took away was a pure marketing attempt with the look of the boxes/cigars. I did like some of the shapes of the cigars, but they were not original(one is like a BBMF) at all. I didn't get a chance to smoke one yet, but I will just to see how they taste. I found last years cigars to be interesting when I smoked em, but was never really sure if I liked it or not. There is a lot of "concept" behind the entire Foundry line, but not sure most will care to "get it" or even like the cigars themselves.

We got in 2 of the foundry humidors and they look really nice. Only thing is you have to have the band(gear) from last years Wells to lock it, which consequently has been discontinued according to our buyer. So if you lock it and loose the band, you're screwed. Once again, great idea, questionable execution.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Smoked the "H" in the H2O today. It's pretty tasty and similar size to a Short Story but much fuller bodied and around $5. Worth checking out. The "2" and "O" are different blends in the same size that come in the same box.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Had the Helium blend yesterday. It didn't make my voice real high pitched or anything, but it was an impressive and complex cigar. I feel like this project is a little underrated. Kudos to General for putting together an array of limited editions like this that are also affordable.