What's new

Free time today........

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Well I finished up work early today so I decided to go ahead and get my truck inspected.

Well it did not pass, so I am now getting an estimate on what it is going to cost me to get it fixed. This sucks!!!!!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
what did not pass?

2 big ones but then added extras.
My Emergency Brake peddle is shot, however in Mass once they look at that they have to go thru the rear breaks

Guess what they are worn thin( I saw them with my own eyes) so once they see it the car does not pass inspection untill that is fixed too.
Also frnt Ball joints are gone
So Brakes, Rotors, Cable for emergeny brake, ball joint & labor.

1300.00 or more

bad start to my weekend

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Yea SC I would give them $10 and they just put a sticker on for me.
No you wouldn't Jim....your ugly cigar smoking mugg is one thing, but you would never risk those two beautiful kids of yours in a vehicle that was not safe to drive!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
WOW $1300 for that work seems very expensive. Usually you could have the rear rotors resurfaced for under 20 bucks plus 40 for the brake pads (very easy job to do yourself. The E-Brake cable usually just needs to be tightened not replaced. iF you Jack up the car you could see where the e-brake cable runs to and its just like fixing the breaks on a bicycle. Loosen the bolt, pull it tight with a pair of pliers and then tighten the nut back tight.

The Ball joints are a pain in the ass though unless you have an air hammer. Then it is just a moderate pain in the ass. But shouldn't be more then $100 bucks a piece to have them installed.

Try getting another few quotes.

GOod luck....I hope this doesn't put a damper on your Guy's Day!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
2 big ones but then added extras.
My Emergency Brake peddle is shot, however in Mass once they look at that they have to go thru the rear breaks

Guess what they are worn thin( I saw them with my own eyes) so once they see it the car does not pass inspection untill that is fixed too.
Also frnt Ball joints are gone
So Brakes, Rotors, Cable for emergeny brake, ball joint & labor.

1300.00 or more

bad start to my weekend
My friend count your blessings. Failing brakes and steering? The results could have been much worse if you had not found these issues before they became a real problem.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I kind of wish they had these inspections down here in Florida. I seem some real POS type cars on the road and I'm scared to be driving next to 'em.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
WOW $1300 for that work seems very expensive. Usually you could have the rear rotors resurfaced for under 20 bucks plus 40 for the brake pads (very easy job to do yourself. The E-Brake cable usually just needs to be tightened not replaced. iF you Jack up the car you could see where the e-brake cable runs to and its just like fixing the breaks on a bicycle. Loosen the bolt, pull it tight with a pair of pliers and then tighten the nut back tight.

The Ball joints are a pain in the ass though unless you have an air hammer. Then it is just a moderate pain in the ass. But shouldn't be more then $100 bucks a piece to have them installed.

Try getting another few quotes.

GOod luck....I hope this doesn't put a damper on your Guy's Day!
I agree. You could buy a repair manual, parts, and the tools needed for probably a fourth of that price. And if you are not comfortable the manual will guide you every step of the way. And if that's not enough bribe a buddy with a case of beer to lend a hand.