What's new

freezing and fumigating ??

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, maybe now I've got it. When you originally said "Non-Cuban production" I thought you were referring to CC's made for export rather than for domestic consumption. Thanks for setting me straight.

So all CC's are frozen and all NC's are fumigated and frozen. That makes sense but I still find it odd that none of the companies mention that step in their various write ups and videos. And are you sure that "all" NC manufacturers freeze their product? There are so many factories across central america, I find it hard to believe that they all have the capability to freeze there production inventory.
I think it's important to highlight that only Cuban cigars designated for export are frozen. It's relevant because product in Cuba at the LCDHs has not undergone any fumigation or freezing, which puts you at major risk if you bring product back directly.

Here is a better way I should have phrased NC manufacturing: "It is standard business practice is NC manufacturing to fumigate at multiple stages of production, and regular intervals, as well as freezing product prior to export."

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Zman took my question about freezing NCs during the Cigar Adviser Webcast Wednesday 5/3/17. Said there is no reason to freeze NC cigars and went into a bit about how they are handled at the factory. I'm of the opinion that if you keep your smokes at the proper temperature, humidity level and even better in cedar your risks of beetles should be pretty low. BUT, it doesn't hurt to freeze them if you do it properly and if you want to freeze, freeze away, a little extra insurance doesn't hurt

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
:facepalm: Bro... of all the members here, how many post do you see about beetle infestations? Maybe one or two a year at best and it's generally confined to a box that was just received. If you're buying cigars in Habana... then that's another story.

If you're happy freezing them, by all means freeze them. Advertising space is limited and costly, not many people are looking for a bullet point about frozen cigars. If you want confirmation, call the manufacturer.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Zman took my question about freezing NCs during the Cigar Adviser Webcast Wednesday 5/3/17. Said there is no reason to freeze NC cigars and went into a bit about how they are handled at the factory. I'm of the opinion that if you keep your smokes at the proper temperature, humidity level and even better in cedar your risks of beetles should be pretty low. BUT, it doesn't hurt to freeze them if you do it properly and if you want to freeze, freeze away, a little extra insurance doesn't hurt
For me, the factory does a good job, and I do a good job at home, but if I am buying then online I have no expectation that the shipping company is keeping their sorting facilities or trucks at a temperature with my cigar shipment in mind, lol. Especially if I am buying during the summer months.