What's new

French Press

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like my coffee. It is the driving force behind every work day, but I hate cleaning my french press. Are there any easier methods of cleaning this thing out? The grinds are everywhere and to my knowledge I can't simply flush it down the sink. Any ideas?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If there are I want to know about them.

Although, I doubt there is. I guess it is the price to pay for good coffee

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hmm I just flush mine down the sink... I figure if I could grind up all kinds of food into a garbage disposal it won't hurt to rinse down ground coffee. However it is annoying having to take the thing apart to rinse it clean... I'm used to just tossing a filter and being done.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Back when I used my press everyday, I just washed the grinds down the garbage disposal. Never had a problem doing that.

Of course, now I use an espresso machine on a daily basis, so the grinds are REALLY easy to take care of; just knock em out in one pop to the garbage can.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
A plumber once told me that coffee grounds are actually good for the septic tank. Don't know if it's true or not but I've been doing that for years. I use a permanant gold filter in my drip pot and wash grounds down the sink every morning. Same when I use my press.
As was mentioned, the bits are much smaller than what goes through the disposal.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
A plumber once told me that coffee grounds are actually good for the septic tank. Don't know if it's true or not but I've been doing that for years. I use a permanant gold filter in my drip pot and wash grounds down the sink every morning. Same when I use my press.
As was mentioned, the bits are much smaller than what goes through the disposal.
I heard that too Brian. They are good for the compost pille, similar action in the shitter tank.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I do like my coffee. It is the driving force behind every work day, but I hate cleaning my french press. Are there any easier methods of cleaning this thing out? The grinds are everywhere and to my knowledge I can't simply flush it down the sink. Any ideas?
Get rid of the press and hit up starbucks....Much faster, less work!! :jitb:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
yuck to starbucks

You can really get a better cup doing it yourself. And when I say better, I mean 1 Billion times better

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I used to be the same way...then I started drinking fresh roast and it has been downhill since

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I used to be the same way...then I started drinking fresh roast and it has been downhill since
Amen brother. :thumbsup: The difference is amazing. I particularly like that BLACK DOG COFFEE and the BLACK DOG COFFEE CLUB. But then that just me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always heard that disposing of grinds into the sink will cause it to clog up. Is this just a myth?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Well. I have been dumping grings into the garbage disposal for 25 years without issue.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Amen brother. :thumbsup: The difference is amazing. I particularly like that BLACK DOG COFFEE and the BLACK DOG COFFEE CLUB. But then that just me.

To: Chuck aka. CWS

In future advertisements of Black Dog Coffee, please remember to include all disclaimers as deemed necessary by our law firm Black, Dog, & Coffee LLC. so as to limit parent company liability for any abuse of coffee products by un-enlightened "Can-O-Coffee" drinkers. We thank you for your endorsement and compensation will be en route forthwith.

no products tested on animals covered by PETA.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
:rofl: @ Act

I too am a member, been having a cup every moring. Fuck folgers in your cup, I got dog hair. :grin:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
:rofl: @ Act

I too am a member, been having a cup every moring. Fuck folgers in your cup, I got dog hair. :grin:
:thumbsup: I think you just gave Brian a new advertising campaign.

Wake up each morning and start you day with a hair of the dog. Black Dog Coffee that is!

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
:thumbsup: I think you just gave Brian a new advertising campaign.

Wake up each morning and start you day with a hair of the dog. Black Dog Coffee that is!
That is pretty good. Had my first pot of the India Whatchamacallit this morning and it was outstanding. And it was in my Frech Press and I did dump the grounds down the disposal.