What's new

friends that only smoke expensive sticks

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a buddy that ONLY smokes expensive sticks. When I say expensive I'm talking about anything over $15.00. Well........... atleast I think that kinda pricey. Anyways..
I tell him about these other sticks that were really good that are under $10.00 and its like he doesn't even want to give them a chance.
He smokes Davidoff, Aurora and I think Graycliff's. Are these smokes that awesome?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

Oh and no one ever said you could teach someone value.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Those sticks have their occasions, but for every day it seems rediculous. If you've got money to burn, fine I guess. Some guys put $10,000 rims on thier car. What's the dif, if you can afford it. Not for me though.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Obviously, a $15 smoke is three times better than one that cost $5. For any type of product, there's a significant market segment that will equate cost with quality and will convince themselves that they've bought a superior item. After all, it wouldn't feel too good to admit that your $50K Mercedes is no better than your neighbor's $20K Honda.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Or even better yet, take an Opus and put a JR Cigars band on it. Ask him to just give one a try and give his honest opinion. Be fun to see what his review is.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Obviously, a $15 smoke is three times better than one that cost $5. For any type of product, there's a significant market segment that will equate cost with quality and will convince themselves that they've bought a superior item. After all, it wouldn't feel too good to admit that your $50K Mercedes is no better than your neighbor's $20K Honda.
Yup. In marketing, it's called "perceived value."

As a con man named Joe Bessimer --- it wasn't P.T. Barnum --- once noted: There's a sucker born every minute. :guitar:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think he's definitly missing out since how many CC's cost less than $10 each? Many regular production CC's that blow Davidoff and Greycliff out of the water are only $7 each when you get a deal from an online vendor. I just got some of the Regional release RA Estupendo's for like $17 each including shipping and I would bet a lot of money they're better than a Greycliff.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
my dentist likes those expensive smokes. he really wanted to try a monte 2, but insisted on $20 a piece. and i said, "okay." does anybody have any??

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some people think that a $15 smoke must be three times better than one that cost $5 even though it may not be any better at all. For any type of product, there's a significant market segment that will equate cost with quality and will convince themselves that they've bought a superior item. After all, it wouldn't feel too good to admit that your $50K Mercedes is no better than your neighbor's $20K Honda.
I think this paragraph reads better this way. (Like every morning, I drove to work in my 6-year-old $14K Hyundai.)