What's new

From Indiana with no idea where to start

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I was informed of this forum by Wayne80. He has spoken highly of it and got me interested. I am not regular smoker as it is rare when I pick anything up to smoke. Between cigarettes and cigars, I enjoy cigars much more. So, treat me as someone who has no knowledge of cigars and no 'sense' of what's good to start with.

I look forward learning from you all and hope to broaden my horizons.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Welcome! Has there been any that you enjoyed? Do yourself a favor and stay away from the cigarettes! :thumbsup:

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Welcome to the Brotherhood, mate! I was about to link Mitch's marvelous guide, but I see ye've read it.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Welcome aboard!

I suggest you start by finding + visiting the local tobacco shops in your area to get a feel for atmosphere, prices, selection, customer service, etc. A good local shop with friendly/helpful folks can be your best bet to get acclimated to this "hobby".

Also, try and keep some sort of written diary about the cigars you smoke and what you like/dislike about the experiences. You'll quickly discover your preferences. Don't go overboard though, as preferences do change over time.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Once you start to smoke cigars, I mean really get into it, you won't go back to cigarettes....and you will be FAR poorer...but it's great!