What's new

Ft Myers, Florida...any good shops in the area??

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm planning to visit my Grandparent's soon and figured I'd ask if there's anywhere good to stop in to support a local B&M and purchase some sticks and/or local pipe baccy.

I've been to the Cape Smoke Shop on Del Prado Blvd. and also a shop nearby Sanibel or Captiva Island called The Humidor of Ft Myers.

If anyone lives locally, sadly this trip is going to be a short one and I won't be able to meet up and HERF, but would love to on a trip that entails me with more time visiting.

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why not just take some with you over there? Or just wander to Miami and feel the love of about 248 cigar places to buy cigars assuming you are flying into MIami.....

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Bonita Springs and Naples are close enough to drive to. Between them there are several. The Bonita Smoke Shop on 41 and Bonita beach rd is one that I frequent when I'm down there.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll be flying to SW Florida International Airport in Ft Myers when I go. Sadly, Miami is on the east coast, I'll be on the west.
Yep...kinda figured that but maybe in the future you'd fly into Miami...shop the Cigar Stores for a day and rent a car from Miami and go to Ft. Myers...rental cars are pretty cheap in Miami and it's totally worth spending a weekend there just for the thrill of cigar hunting.

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Well that Burn place is apparently incredible. Also, a guy named Hamlet works there and he is a Cuban native that is famous for his custom rolling.
Burn is a great spot, especially if you want a place to have a drink with your cigar. From RSW it will be about 35-40 minutes in good traffic. If you're just looking for a B&M to pick up some sticks, the Bonita Smoke Shop is only about 25 minutes from RSW. It's got a great selection too.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Burn is a great spot, especially if you want a place to have a drink with your cigar. From RSW it will be about 35-40 minutes in good traffic. If you're just looking for a B&M to pick up some sticks, the Bonita Smoke Shop is only about 25 minutes from RSW. It's got a great selection too.
Awesome!!! Thanks!!

And thanks everyone for the input!! Very much appreciated!!!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So in my late night browsing...I happen to stumble across a shop called World Famous Cigar Bar. Which has I believe 2 locations in Southwest Florida. One of them being in the Gulf Coast Town Center, which is also home to the Ft. Myers Bass Pro Shops, which I plan on visiting also. They're in the same shopping center so it's on my list to check out. Reading up about them on their website, it seems like the owner also co-owns or partnered with Rocky Patel to open up Burn by Rocky Patel in Naples. I'm excited to check this out when I go visit. I don't think I'll be able to make it to Burn though in this trip.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well that Burn place is apparently incredible. Also, a guy named Hamlet works there and he is a Cuban native that is famous for his custom rolling.
If one hasn't smoked a freshly rolled cigar then you're missing out on very unique smoking experience. When I am in Key West there are a number of places that have freshly rolled cigars that aren't overly priced but they sure are good. Funny thing is....when you let em rest for a month or so they aren't as good as fresh...go figger!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If one hasn't smoked a freshly rolled cigar then you're missing out on very unique smoking experience. When I am in Key West there are a number of places that have freshly rolled cigars that aren't overly priced but they sure are good. Funny thing is....when you let em rest for a month or so they aren't as good as fresh...go figger!
That's awesome!! I've noticed my hand rolled cigars over time kind of lost their freshness.

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
no worries... i just know that 2 really good BOTL brothers work at that particular B&M, which is the only reason i mentioned it.

:cigar:
Thanks, Chaz. :)

I'd love to try to get there but if I can go, I'd only be in Florida 4 days due to a crazy work scheduele.
Pick up YodisMatt on your way lol. He's in Ft. Myers.

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
So in my late night browsing...I happen to stumble across a shop called World Famous Cigar Bar. Which has I believe 2 locations in Southwest Florida. One of them being in the Gulf Coast Town Center, which is also home to the Ft. Myers Bass Pro Shops, which I plan on visiting also. They're in the same shopping center so it's on my list to check out. Reading up about them on their website, it seems like the owner also co-owns or partnered with Rocky Patel to open up Burn by Rocky Patel in Naples. I'm excited to check this out when I go visit. I don't think I'll be able to make it to Burn though in this trip.
This place is just that...a bar. It has a very small humi compared to most B&Ms.