What's new

Fuente Anejo Question

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So back in 2006 Holts cigars had a special Fuente Sampler that came with a Cameroon wrapped Anejo #77 AKA. the sand shark.
My question here is how many people actually smoked that cigar? How was it? I got one of the samplers but for some reason traded the sand shark for something else.
But now thanks to a great old friend on the board I have aquired another one.
So again How was it?

I'm wondering if it has a great Cameroon wrapper like a God Of Fire or a good wrapper like a Hemmingway?

sand shark.jpg

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
HillbillyPyro wrote this in another thread but does not say was the HTF sand shark:

The oldest one I've had was a shark from 2007 that i smoked last month. Absolutely amazing! Also smoked a 46 from 2008 last year. Still have one left. Last year i found and purchased a 2008 fuente holiday box. Still have one of each left. I'm loving aged Fuentes!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
IIRC (without looking it up) the sand shark is based on the anejo #77 platform, with a different wrapper. there is also an opus shark. all three have matching or very near binder and filler details, but the CBL anejo wrapper, the dominican opus wrapper, and the cammy wrapper are the differentiating points.

and, back to donk, i have no fricking clue how the wrapper stacks up in the fuente cammy line up. WORST case, you are getting the hemmi wrapper, and it is damn good. if you do smoke it, let us know. o)

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Well I got my purchase yesterday, Damn that Shark looks tasty. So I now have 3 of the 4 sharks made. Now to find the Don Carlos Shark to complete the set. Anyone Have some of these?