What's new

Fuente Untold Story

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Oops- originally posted in wrong forum - sorry.

OK, there are a lot of rare non-Cuban cigars down in the Tampa area right now. I just picked up a box of Anejo 48's at the local cigar shop and I have been maxing out on all size Anejos down at Sweethearts on a number of occasions. Last night I was at the cigar shop, and in addition to the Anejos, he also received a box of Untold Stories and Between the Lines.

The Untold Story was a beast of a cigar (not sure of the dimensions, but BIG!!!), similar in size and shape to the CAO Anaconda. It has a dark, oily wrapper. I had no problems cutting, and the pre-light draw was smooth. Cigar lit well, and burned smooth all the way down to a nub - no touch up required. To me this cigar was a medium to full bodied smoke that started off a little sweet (like most Hemingways in my opinion). It had hints of chocolate and coffee throughout, and finished on the spicy side. Now I had just smoked a Shark about two hours prior, so my palate was not fresh. Overall, a great smoking experience, and in my opinion, well worth the $12 spent. I picked up four more, but sent one off in a trade.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Excellent review Jon! You mad some incredible scores there. The untold story is one of those rare gems that should be savored, and a box of 48's, WOW! (and I am psyched!)

Thanks.

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i have 3 of these, and I have yet to smoke one. I should burn one, assuming I can find one in a shop this holiday season. I'l rotate the others and put some age on them.

or, just fire them all up back to back...you never know.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am sure it took you some time to smoke that one. You definately chose a good one there. Glad you enjoyed it.

As for the box of Anejos :blob:

cigarsarge

BOHICA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The UTS is is the top of the line Hemmingway Maddie. I saw a UTS Camaroon on another board going for $100 on another board recently.

cigarsarge

BOHICA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cigarsarge said:
The UTS is is the top of the line Hemmingway Maddie. I saw a UTS Camaroon on another board going for $100 on another board recently.

Regular production UTS are Maddie. The camaroon wraps are very rare. I think Carlito hands em out to friends and the like.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I was just given 5 Masterpieces (4 Natural and 1 Maddie) along with 5 CAO Anaconda's...Thos Masterpieces are freakin' HUGE! 9 inches...That's like a game ana half worth of cigar! I'll find out how long one burns this Sunday.