What's new

Future Smoke Recommendations Sought

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was hoping to get some recommendations on future sticks to try after getting back into cigars.
First some background, introducted to cigars in 2005 and enjoyed many of the NC Ashtons, Diamond
Crown, and Fuentes. My cuban smokes were exclusively Monte2 and Partagas SP No2 at the time
as I would split orders with a friend and he only purchased those.

Recently returned to the hobby and have a decent stock, but before adding to it wanted opinions
on what to try next. I usually enjoy an hour long smoke either with coffee when at a B&M and
wine/scotch at home. Based most smokes on recs from other store patrons, reviews here and
elsewhere on the net. Experiences thus far...

5Star smokes- usually smoke these to the nub and enjoy the flavor throughout
Ramon Allones Specially Selected - I consider this a medium smoke, not a lot of nicotine rush,
and on the "short" side
Flor De Las Antillas Toro/Robusto - of course this got a lot of press and I feel deserves it
Partagas Series P No 2 - still a favorite, what I'd consider on the spicier side of what I enjoy

4Star Smokes
HUpmann Magnum 50- really enjoyed this smoke and thanks to all the reviews, my first Upmann
La Aromoa de Cuba Mi Amor
Rocky Patel Decade
Olivia Series V Torpedo

3Star Smokes

Olivia Series V Belicoso (don't know why I enjoyed Torpedo more, maybe an off stick)

Rocky Patel Private Cellar Torpedo

Ashton Heritage Puro Sol #2

Monte #2 (this surprised me, I let my most recent purchase rest a few weeks before trying
the first stick, draw was very hard, used a poker on subsequent sticks which helped a little.
Also found it to only be ok throughout the smoke and was surprised as this was my fav)

San Cristobal De la Habana El Principe - too short a smoke, was getting heat half way through,
now I smoked this after only a week of letting it rest, will re-visit, but am likely to gift many
of these to friends. I followed my first stick with a Ramon Allones SS so maybe the contrast
soured it for me.

2 Star and Below (won't be revisiting these)
La Duena Belicoso #2, Alec Bradley Prensado, Aging Room M356 Forte

I don't smoke Cohibas due to price and inconsistent experiences, waiting to try a BHK
but that's going to be a while. Also some Cuaba Salomons waiting for when I have a few
hours to kick back.

Opinions welcome on what I might enjoy next based on the above.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited: