What's new

G.L. Pease - Gaslight - PToM Mar 2015 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I didn't mention - I find Gaslight to smoke best when it's a few months old. My initial experience with it was a fresh tin - one that had been canned that very month - and damn was it foul. I let it sit for 3 months and then it really sang. Seemed to develop immensely in a very short time, as many Pease blends do.
That's good to know - thanks.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Something I didn't mention - I find Gaslight to smoke best when it's a few months old. My initial experience with it was a fresh tin - one that had been canned that very month - and damn was it foul. I let it sit for 3 months and then it really sang. Seemed to develop immensely in a very short time, as many Pease blends do.
I'll go home tomorrow and date mine. And let it rest a bit and see what happens. I got a fresh tin of it. (sounds like chewing baccy talk now lol)

Doc Sixstring

Patience and practice
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go home tomorrow and date mine. And let it rest a bit and see what happens. I got a fresh tin of it. (sounds like chewing baccy talk now lol)
I like to part my fresh tins out - one bowl right off the bat and jar the rest of it. Comparing those smokes usually reveals some very interesting things about the blend that you'd not have noticed otherwise

Don't know anyone else who does that, but I find it useful to judge when a blend has been sitting "long enough"

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I like to part my fresh tins out - one bowl right off the bat and jar the rest of it. Comparing those smokes usually reveals some very interesting things about the blend that you'd not have noticed otherwise

Don't know anyone else who does that, but I find it useful to judge when a blend has been sitting "long enough"
I have so much to smoke as it is....just not enough time to enjoy all of it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I date all my tobacco Chris. I can't help it... a cigar bi-product I guess. I became rather religious about it when I smoked a really well aged cigar and thinking it was just the best thing I had ever had - blew my budget buying as many as I could only to discover ROTT, they really weren't nearly as good lol.

Either way - I find knowing exactly how old the tobacco I have helpful. I write on the bottom of my glass when the tobacco was produced, and when it was opened and jarred.