What's new

G.L. Pease Meridian - PToM June 2016 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Post your reviews here!

MERIDIAN (Old London Series)
Brand:
G.L. Pease
Blend Type: Balkan
Contents: Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Flavoring: None
Cut: Ribbon
Packaging: 2oz Tin, 8oz Tin

From the label:
Meridian - balanced, poised & sophisticated. Cyprus Latakia is layered with fine virginia tobaccos and small leaf orientals, then pressed, sliced and tumbled into ribbons. More savory than sweet, with classic structure, medium body, and captivating complexity, Meridian is the perfect companion for a mid-day stroll or with the afternoon tea.​

From glpease.com:
Meridian is the third entry in the Old London Series. A classically styled blend that's wonderful when young, but with a good backbone for longer aging. It's a medium-full mixture, with flavours that evoke memories of some of the great Latakia blends from days gone by. Red and orange virginias are joined by a generous, but not overwhelming measure of Cyprian leaf, for a wonderfully earthy foundation. The spicy/sweet oriental tobaccos add fullness, and an exquisite aroma. Not as "big" or as full as Westminster, but similar in style. An excellent blend for a relaxing afternoon smoke, or as a delightful amuse bouche before dinner.

Meridian was introduced in October 2010​

Prior PToM reviews can be found HERE

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
This was an odd blend for me. The first two times I hated it, the second two bowls were fantastic.
This was my first try of a Balkan blend and once I learned what pipe and speed it needed it really was enjoyable. Not quite sure how I would describe it besides deep, roasted tobacco. I'm pretty sure all of my bowls were from a 2013 tin