Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Gas for grilling and charcoal for BBQ

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Both

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Charcoal. Only. And, why is 'time' a drawback? One of the many reasons I haven't moved to gas is BECAUSE of time.

With charcoal, I can light up a corona or a robusto; clean out old ashes.....clean the grates.......get the charcoal and starter from the shed, fire it up....twice, if need be....cook at my speed and finish the cigar right about the time the meat comes off the grill. If I had gas, I'd be smoking PC's and pitching them before they're half done. Screw that.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Charcoal. Only. And, why is 'time' a drawback? One of the many reasons I haven't moved to gas is BECAUSE of time.

With charcoal, I can light up a corona or a robusto; clean out old ashes.....clean the grates.......get the charcoal and starter from the shed, fire it up....twice, if need be....cook at my speed and finish the cigar right about the time the meat comes off the grill. If I had gas, I'd be smoking PC's and pitching them before they're half done. Screw that.
I hear ya on that, Dave. For me, "time" becomes an issue when my kids are hangry (not hungry but hangry - hungry+angry=hangry) or when it's cold outside and I don't feel like tending the coals.

Last Summer I wasn't really into cigars yet so this year will likely be different for the reason you just mentioned.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Me says both' em ...
gas for lightning quick hunger relief
&
charcoal for the easy goings of beverage and smoke in hand time

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do both but when I discovered Applewood Seasoned Salts it was like Columbus discovering America. Just a slight sprinkle of the salts can turn a mediocre steak of any kind into a superb meal. I now take a shaker with me anything we dine out and esp. when I take trips when we cruise. Had one of the chefs walk over to our table ( this was at one of the Specialty Restaurants that are very good ) wanting to know what I was putting on the Rib Eye to which he really was telling me in a nice way that he was insulted by me putting something else on the meat. I told him to take a little bit of it and put it on a partial serving of meat in the back....eat it...then tell me what he thought. Next thing I knew he was back after 10 minutes and told me how much it increased the flavor the steak and then comp'd our meal and thanked me....imagine that? There a lot of different flavorings of salt that really enhance meat, pork, chicken and fish...you should really try it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my gasser most of the time. People whom lived in the house before us, left a little weber grill, and I've used that a few times for bigger chunks of meat. I'd like to get a bigger charcoal grill, because you can't beat the flavor.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I do both but when I discovered Applewood Seasoned Salts it was like Columbus discovering America. Just a slight sprinkle of the salts can turn a mediocre steak of any kind into a superb meal. I now take a shaker with me anything we dine out and esp. when I take trips when we cruise. Had one of the chefs walk over to our table ( this was at one of the Specialty Restaurants that are very good ) wanting to know what I was putting on the Rib Eye to which he really was telling me in a nice way that he was insulted by me putting something else on the meat. I told him to take a little bit of it and put it on a partial serving of meat in the back....eat it...then tell me what he thought. Next thing I knew he was back after 10 minutes and told me how much it increased the flavor the steak and then comp'd our meal and thanked me....imagine that? There a lot of different flavorings of salt that really enhance meat, pork, chicken and fish...you should really try it.
Is that sea salt smoked with applewood? I've used smoked sea salt before and it's fantastic. I do a Spanish rice with smoked paprika and smoked sea salt. Pair that with a good lager...

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You guys pose another question, where is everyone getting there seasoning from? I picked some up from Myspicetrader.com.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
You guys pose another question, where is everyone getting there seasoning from? I picked some up from Myspicetrader.com.
I use several places. There's a Penzy's Spice near my house (next door to my B&M, actually) that has really high quality spices and they make some decent blends. Online, I like to use Herbco.com. I typically create my own blends because I can control what goes into it.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Both for me. I lean on the gasser more than I like just because I hate the mess of my old Weber. When chit get's real though, and I have thick cuts of meat, then it's charcoal no question.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
How do you like that thing? Any down falls to it? Getting one in a few months for free.
I've had mine for years and wouldn't trade the "EGG" for anything... the flavor is unreal. Burgers, butts, chicken, pizza, steak, brisket, ribs!!! Simply the most reliable of all grills. I love the Spring, Summer, and Fall and look for an excuse to smoke something then have a cigar/beer while I wait.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Gas for big Bbqs and basic shit like hotdogs (and fish). Got an egg for smoking, ribs, steaks ect. I prefer charcoal and smoke with a mixture of woods (fruit woods from the local orchard is the best)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charcoal for sure, I have a gasser but can't remember the last time I used it.
I'm also a Weber user, I have WSM, Performer, 2 22" kettles and a couple of Smokey Joes. I grill all year(but this winter not a much) and will cook with charcoal no matter what I'm cooking even if it's just a couple burgers and hot dogs.