What's new

Gatlinburg Tn weekend UPDATED ENDING

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I am off to Gatlinburg Tn. for the weekend after a long stretch at work and plenty of family stuff to do. We hope to be there tomorrow afternoon after a scenic route to get there.

We have not been down there in a couple of years just the wife and I without the kids and grand kids. She has gone a few times with my daughter and her kids but I have always had to work.

She did have a medical scare a few years ago and had to be flown out of Gatlinburg to University of Tennessee after perforated "pouch" (gastric bypass surgery). It's all good now and we are looking forward to having a peaceful weekend staying at a hotel on the Parkway and not a cabin in the woods. This way we can park the car and walk or ride the trolleys.

Pictures to follow and I hope a few cigars will meet their demise. Hope to stop in the Gatlinburier in the mall to pick up a few smokes and maybe check out the Xikar event there on Saturday.

Last edited:

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
beautiful country out there, would love to go back...

Enjoy and say Howdy to Dolly for me.

:)

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
roll well and enjoy, man! oh, and the fat kid in me needs to point out apple barn! their pork chops were crazy good, and a friend had pregnancy cravings for their apple fritters so bad she almost send her man down to get then (from 15 miles outside of cinci)!

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Going to the Gatlinburier shop today for the Xicar event. I cant wait to post some pictures.

My room is at the park entrance of town and right on the street, first floor.
Decent room for the money and I parked my car yesterday and wont have to drive until I leave tomorrow. Walking and riding the trolley.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I walked down there this afternoon and picked up a nice Xikar punch cutter and got 20% off and the Xikar rep gave me a nice hat and a H-C smoke to try. Nice cutter. I have been using regular cutters but I used to use a punch cutter and after using it tonight on an Olivia "V" I can't imagine why I stopped using them. Nice quality unit that looks great.

I will try the cigar tomorrow when I go back home.

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
roll well and enjoy, man! oh, and the fat kid in me needs to point out apple barn! their pork chops were crazy good, and a friend had pregnancy cravings for their apple fritters so bad she almost send her man down to get then (from 15 miles outside of cinci)!
That place is AWESOME.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
A sad end to a great weekend.

We made it home Sunday night about 7PM. I felt weak the whole drive home. Now I felt that all the walking I did over the weekend and the warm weather combined with the fact I forgot to take my blood pressure meds when I got up Sunday might of been the cause of my feeling poorly.

But that was not the reason. A stop at a popular country themed place that my wife loves that are located up and down I-75 seems to be the cause. I am not naming them for fear of a lawsuit but I am not naming them since the mere mention of it's name makes my colon shake and quiver with fear.

I got home and there was a nice box with what I knew were lovely cigars from a wonderful brother that came from a small island nation that I can only imagine it's true beauty. Too bad, I did not have the strength to open the boxes. A new issue of Cigar Aficionado in the mail..still to heavy and complicated to operate.

Sunday night and Monday were described to me by my wife in ways that I can't begin to explain. Heart rate about 130, blood pressure 210 over 140 for a while just before the pressure relief valve popped off. When my body decided that it had enough of the biscuits and gravy from that damn saltine cask restaurant it was unlike anything I have ever seen or the people two streets over, have ever heard.

After one particular battle with the bathroom about 3 AM my wife told me that I came out of the bathroom and recited part of our wedding vows. I told her the sickness and health part meant that I needed her to clean up what used to be a pristine bathroom and the until death do us apart portion might not be too far behind. She thought it was me saying it but it looked like a ghost with pale skin and two black eyes mumbling that or something about an away team of space aliens trying to crawl out of my stomach and my asshole at the same time.

Well she nursed me back to health and I went back to work and my desk is only 12 seconds away from the bathroom, I timed it 3 times today. Sadly once I only had a 10 second headstart.

I will post pictures of Gatlinburg soon.