What's new

Gauging interest. Blind cheap 2nd tier Cuban reviews anyone?

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I have done blind reviews over the past few years, and would like to do now do one for cheap 2nd tier cigars if there is any interest?

What I need from you to make this happen

4 or 5 reviewers

5-6 of your cheap 2nd tier cigars sent to me. I'll re-band them split them up with the other reviewers cigars and mail them back. Upon confirmation of everyones cigars. we will review them over the next few months and post them here on the BOTL forum.

I figure that this would be a good time of the year to do this before summer arrives.

Post on this forum if interester in participating

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I would be interested if I had that many different CC's lol... If I could pay I would be down or maybe I will have a variety once this happens.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I have been able to participate in this almost every year Kirk has done this! With out a doubt one of the most fun yearly events around here for me. Join in guys the waters warm! Good luck gents. Lets get 1 or 2 big shot CC guys guessing some right!!!!! I went 3/5 one year. Luck was with me. Sadly I don't have the time this year.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I have been able to participate in this almost every year Kirk has done this! With out a doubt one of the most fun yearly events around here for me. Join in guys the waters warm! Good luck gents. Lets get 1 or 2 big shot CC guys guessing some right!!!!! I went 3/5 one year. Luck was with me. Sadly I don't have the time this year.
Dangit!! I really wanted you to be in on this one too. If you could go 3/5 on 2nd tier smokes I'd be impressed. Personally I haven't smoked much 2nd teir stuff.

I just thought that this would be fun to do reviews on. I see guys asking the what is your favorite cheapie and you guys get recomendations, but not much info on what the cigars profile is like. As mentioned earlier I haven't smoked many 2nd teir cigars so this would give me and the reviewers a chance to try some more.

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
What price range are we talking?
Here is a list of 2nd tier cigars to give you an idea

The second "tier" comprises all machine-made cigars (none of which have been produced since 2005);
all cigars that were formerly machine-made and are now produced as hand-made long filler;
and all Tripa Corta cigars.
The following marcas produce only second tier cigars, all tripa corta :
LA FLOR DE CANO, JOSE L. PIEDRA, QUINTERO.
The following cigars are the second tier vitolas produced by the other marcas :
FONSECA : Delicias (TC)
HOYO DE MONTERREY : Coronations, Palmas Extra
H. UPMANN : Coronas Junior, Coronas Major, Coronas Minor, Epicures, Majestic, Regalias
POR LARRANAGA : Montecarlos, Panetelas (TC)
PUNCH : Coronations, Petit Coronations, Royal Coronations
RAFAEL GONZALEZ : Panetelas Extra (TC)
PARTAGAS : Aristocrats, Coronas Junior, Coronas Senior, Habaneros, Mille Fleurs, Partagas de Luxe, Petits Coronas Especiales, Super Partagas
ROMEO Y JULIETA : Belvederes, Coronas en Cedro, Mille Fleurs, Regalias de Londres, Romeo No. 1, Romeo No. 2, Romeo No. 3, Sports Largos.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I am in I don't have sticks that tier but can surely order or trade for some. So depending how long I have I am in hot sauce, if its ok.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Okay we have Zen and Calgon in

Just need a couple more guys to join up and we can get started on this:smile:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I will donate a fiver. Send them to Kirk and someone will take my place.
Requirements:
6 months on botl TR of 5 or greater.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Idk jfire did say 6months and 5 tr so my guess would be no....but if hot sauce doesn't mind the Canada thing maybe you could just send 5 or 6 cheaper CC's and jump in.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I would but I don't know if I've been here long enough and if you want to ship cigars to Canada. IM me and let me know.
I'd be willing to ship to Canada if you would like to participate

If you are looking to use the Jfire's donated smokes thoug? I'll let him make the call on that one.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Of course I just want to try joining in. I am very open to ideas and I know I haven't been on here long but I've been smoking cigars for about 6 years now.

Jfire please don't feel obligated to let me join, I would completely understand if me not being here long enough is an issue.

If you do want to allow me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.