What's new

Gentleman Jack Daniels

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I like the new bottle. I've never had regular Jack Daniels before though. What's the price point?

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I like the single barrel that I've had. There are a few guys at work that will buy a barrel every few years. JD does a really nice job if you're buying a barrel (tour, tasting, selecting which barrel, making name plates, and botling). One of my area reps collects tons of JD stuff and is always selling stuff on e-bray. He bought a case of the Gentleman Jack in the new bottle and was selling it in UK and Europe for twice the price plus shipping. I like the new bottle also but not for $65+.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I like the single barrel that I've had. There are a few guys at work that will buy a barrel every few years. JD does a really nice job if you're buying a barrel (tour, tasting, selecting which barrel, making name plates, and botling). One of my area reps collects tons of JD stuff and is always selling stuff on e-bray. He bought a case of the Gentleman Jack in the new bottle and was selling it in UK and Europe for twice the price plus shipping. I like the new bottle also but not for $65+.
I hope it doesn't stay at that I will go crazy.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
What the heck is Jack Daneils made of anyway? Rye, corn, something else? Is it a blend perhaps? All their website says is "Tennessee whiskey"

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's sour mash.
It's made from corn. If you ever go to Lynchburg, TN you'll notice the whole damn town smells like a homeless person's asshole. Horrible putrid smell.

I'm not a big fan of Gentleman Jack. It's decent whiskey but for the price you can do better. I can't see that Gentleman Jack is any better than the regular.

That being said Jack Daniels Distillery makes some fine whiskey but you can't get it on the shelf. I've had some prepared in a single barrel that was gifted me. You can contact the distillery and buy your own personal barrel that is then bottled for you separately. Rivals the best scotches!

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tennessee whiskey is corn sour mash distilled in a similar process to bourbon. However, Bourbon is from Kentucky and has a distinct flavor due to the natural lime deposits in the spring water. Can only be aged in new oak barrels for a minimum of two years. While usually a blend for uniform taste from year to year, single barrel type whiskey will have unique tastes that are characteristic only to that barrel and may never be tasted again. My palate aint that refined so I can't tell one single barrel JD from another, but they are good. Hope that helps.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
That being said Jack Daniels Distillery makes some fine whiskey but you can't get it on the shelf. I've had some prepared in a single barrel that was gifted me. You can contact the distillery and buy your own personal barrel that is then bottled for you separately. Rivals the best scotches!
Now THAT would be cool!