What's new

Get ready for a fourth price increase.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Congrats to DE -

"My opinion" - I think the folks at DE are marketing geniuses. They tout limited release, hard to get leaf, top of the line leaf and all of the sudden people want to try the unobtainable. DE puts things out in dribs and drabs and it makes it that much more of a "mystery" - must try. Now don't get me wrong the Liga line is a good product too (my favorite is the #9). But I really think the marketing hype helps push them over the top because it creates a "buzz" on the street. It's brilliant!!! Way to go!!! - Just keep putting out more of the #9's. I've only got 1 box left in my humidor.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed!! I could tolerate a slight price increase if it means i can find the series in its entirety.
i hear you, but i wonder if they would be so sought after.

For example, I LOVE padron 64's, but often times pass them up because a htf stick just became available, and I know I can get the padron whenever I want. Sometimes months go by before I pick one up.

Full disclosure, I am a huge LP fan and have smoked nearly every released cigar. I enjoy their sticks, but Saka and JD seem like good guys, and that is a big part of why I buy LP.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I feel a pretty similar allegiance to Tat sticks after a brief conversation with Pete, of course it doesnt hurt that he puts out quality sticks too, loo. But i think DE has taken the 'hard-to-come-by' tag as far as it can go. They are one of the most sought after brands on the market! Time to cash in on that in my opinion.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Time to cash in on that in my opinion.
I think they're trying to do that. The Undercrowns, MUWATs, and ACIDS are widely available and never hard to find. The LP9s and T52s have been much more readily available this year, the Hererra Esteli is easier to find now that it's been out for a bit, and the Nica Rustica sounds as if it too will be widely available at retail.

The only cigars that are truly hard to track down are the unicos, which come in waves, and the single-store releases, of which there aren't many.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My mistake, I generalized my last comment to all DE products. I was speaking specifically to the Unicos earlier. I do understand that as they become more prevalent, their allure may diminish, but we want them dangit! Lol

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
My mistake, I generalized my last comment to all DE products. I was speaking specifically to the Unicos earlier. I do understand that as they become more prevalent, their allure may diminish, but we want them dangit!
Ah. Well, from what I know, the unicos are made from leaves that there's not a large supply of. They really can't make more without changing the blend and diminishing the quality of the cigar, and that's why they're in the unico series instead of being regular releases. So "cashing in" really isn't an option for those little releases. If they were made more prevalent, their allure would diminish not because of them being more available, but because the blend would have to be compromised to do so.

I remember Steve saying that they could make a heck of a lot more money if they compromised the blends and released more cigars, but that he refused to do that. I know a lot of guys talk a good game, and Steve probably still wore his salesman hat during a lot of his posts, but having interacted with him, and JD, it's really clear how much passion they have for the industry and their brand, and I think he was being genuine.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm glad to hear that's the vib you got, makes buying from them easy and enjoyable. Good info on the leaves, wasn't aware that was the case. Still wish they were easier to come by though ;)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 4 Beta