Get ready, here they come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Well, no offense to anyone else, but this Is BOTL. Whatever happens or happened on another forum makes no difference here. This forum is all about BOTL.org, brotherhood/sisterhood, cigars and sharing our passion,
Cigar community so IMHO it does affect us.
We aren't like any other site. Eric is very specific and has stated many times, that whatever happens on other boards, stays there. We don't care what happens on other sites, which usually allows for the por treatment of members, drama and lack of respect. Other sites have come and gone, but BOTL flourishes. I've watched many come and go on here. So, it really has no effect on us as a brother/sisterhood,

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Let them come... I welcome additional membership... it helps the board flourish.. and more people means more information sharing, more people at HERF's, etc...

If someone is a jackass... they are a jackass... or if they are good people.. they are good people... whether they were a member somewhere else first or not...

jackasses and good people alike come and go....

if a preponderance of jackasses show up.. the moderators and admins are responsible for dealing with that.... not the concern of the rest of us...

if a preponderance of good dudes come over... all the better for BOTL...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd only been seriously using puff since March. There weren't any bad eggs there in my brief time. Searching the old threads it did become apparent that the current active membership of puff had changed over 100% since a couple years ago. Something must have happened back then for there to be such a dramatic turnover.

Lately however puff has been nothing but civil. I just started using puff because I had been a non-active member since 2011, and when I started to shift from the pipe to cigars this spring the threads they had on humidor and coolidor/wineador setup were money and saved me a lot of headache as a cigar newb. I went straight from no cigars at all to a Savoy desktop, Coleman 150 qt, silica beads and digital hygrometers thanks to the good info on puff. So I have nothing bad to say about the place.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The good news? Most of the folks coming over are probably pretty knowledgeable about cigars already... Probably won't see a lot of "is this plume?" threads from them!

I started on Puff & heard about BOTL there. That alone made the time there worth it! Haha

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I, for one, hope it comes back soon. I just completed my half of a "newbie sampler trade" with a member there just before the site crashed. I am not sanguine on my chances of seeing any cigars out of this trade. :(

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Probably be more than just from Puff with the Cigar Aficionado Forum shutting down their trading section on Wednesday, July 23.

Edit: I forgot to mention that with most of the rest of the Cigar Aficionado Forum being a war zone. Members will leave there in droves.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Any group, whether an online forum or local club, needs new members to continue to grow and replace attrition.

Let's welcome them with open arms to this great place we call BOTL.org, and show the the love and respect we would ask they show us.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has always been a segment of those who were mistreated by that Forum that they would work earnestly on their demise and maybe some tech guru was able to deliver on that promise. I'm sure that Puff will return but with a different action plan....the owner is well connected to Web enterprises and I don't see him taking this lying down but it sure paves the way for their members wanting to get their "fix" in with all things Cigar and finding their way here. The more the merrier.
I'd only been seriously using puff since March. There weren't any bad eggs there in my brief time. Searching the old threads it did become apparent that the current active membership of puff had changed over 100% since a couple years ago. Something must have happened back then for there to be such a dramatic turnover.

Lately however puff has been nothing but civil. I just started using puff because I had been a non-active member since 2011, and when I started to shift from the pipe to cigars this spring the threads they had on humidor and coolidor/wineador setup were money and saved me a lot of headache as a cigar newb. I went straight from no cigars at all to a Savoy desktop, Coleman 150 qt, silica beads and digital hygrometers thanks to the good info on puff. So I have nothing bad to say about the place.
I can tell you all you want to know but PM me, this thread or forum isn't any place to post another forums laundry.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been a member here for awhile. Took a cigar buying break and stepped away from the forums. Kept smoking up my stash but just needed a break from buying and being obsessed and consumed with all things cigars. So when I got my cigar mojo back and decided to step back into forums I tried to keep it to a minimum and find old friends. Puff was one I foolishly picked to revisit. All the great guys I remembered were gone. Some of the new guys were great but I wanted to reconnect with those old friends. I just wasn't feeling it but kept trying to stay involved.

Funny that the disappearance of one site leads me back here. I have been looking at different threads and seeing familiar names and wondering WTF I was thinking about not coming back here first. This is a great community and I am sure there will be great new additions.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I was over there for a few months before coming here. I stopped going there when there was a thread started about "Cigars giving me diarrhea". Maybe I'm told old for that kind of stupidity but that was the last straw.

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
awww, their little fantasy world came crashing down.

i've always preferred this forum, just that one had alot more activity, is why i spent 120x more time there.
so hopefully this becomes the best of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.