What's new

Getting Creative

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I am sick of the same old travel humidors, so I am trying to get a little creative.
I just put up a nice clear lid travel humi with my nice foam trays.
I have a travel humi with a accessory pouch in the works.
I am also working on a lighter/cutter tray for the Cigar caddy humis.
It might not all work out, but I am giving it a shot.
Any ideas that you might want to share?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Instead of a tray or pouch for the lighter, how about integrating one of those containers that allow you to put your lighter in your baggage for air travel? Combine the travel humidor and the "lighter carrier" all into one item. :thinkidea

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I'm not a fan of the clear top, but I do like the idea of a 10-15 ct. travel humi with lighter / cutter space. I see the zippo carrier, but is there anything out there Colibri lighter transporter ?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i am pretty sure that the airline rules have been changed on carrying lighters. the sales of the colibri and cigar caddy lighter cases have tanked because of the rules.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm not a fan of the clear top, but I do like the idea of a 10-15 ct. travel humi with lighter / cutter space. I see the zippo carrier, but is there anything out there Colibri lighter transporter ?[/QUOTe

lighter and cutter space could be either a tray on the bottom, or a pouch in the lid. wont work in a 5 caddy, but will in the 10 and 15

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i am pretty sure that the airline rules have been changed on carrying lighters. the sales of the colibri and cigar caddy lighter cases have tanked because of the rules.
I still pack mine in the luggage, and haven't had any problem. Last flight was in December; leaving again next week. Guess we'll see if the policy has changed. . .

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a homemade one that I did... so far its handled 6 continents and a ton of climate variety....

[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=27239"]Homemade(ish) Herf-a-Dor - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
How about a little "clip" in the lid of the cigar caddy. That way you could clip and store your cutter in there. Then you just need to make a cigar cady a little longer to have room for a lighter.

But at that point you could leave the cover black, or clear to make sure you have everything. Good luck Ron.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
How about a little "clip" in the lid of the cigar caddy. That way you could clip and store your cutter in there. Then you just need to make a cigar cady a little longer to have room for a lighter.

But at that point you could leave the cover black, or clear to make sure you have everything. Good luck Ron.
i think that my lid pouch will have enough room to store a cutter, and a thin lighter.

a longer case could have a little foam compartment to store accessories. armoredhumidor used to have them, but they seem to have mostly faded away.