What's new

Gin & Tonic

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've become really fond of Gin and Tonic recently. . . just kinda curious as to everyone's favorite gin (especially for g&t) and what you guys drink w/ your cigars since I've never really mixed the two. As I've posted before I'm a fan of wine so if some of you have some good suggestions as to wine parings that would be great!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Beefeaters for me esp. if you mix it weak and use a slice of lime you can get away with a much cheaper gin. If your going to drink enough to say "get a buzz" then use a better gin (Bombay) but I usually only drink one drink so I sometimes go with a really cheap gin and a lot of lime.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
yeah wasn't really expecting gin to go with a cigar too well. . . I'm a big fan of bombay saphire, but just like cigars I'm always looking for new stuff!

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Kingston said:
I don't drink Gin very often, and never with a cigar, but when I do, I enjoy Hendrick's. Especially in a martini.
Good choice.
Hendrick's is a nice gin. Not cheap.
Bombay is usually a first choice for a Martini. Then Boodles, then Beefeaters.

Tanq never goes in a Martini.

Not a big fan of tonic water ... I substitute Perrier in the summer down at the shore. My family loves GNTs as an evening cocktail before dinner especially after spending the day on the beach.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah living in Texas it gets so hot g&t's are great to cool off with. . . I need some red wine or some nice bourbon as it's getting cooler though. . . hmmmm I think a trip to the liquor store may be in order :halfgrinw

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
jasontp said:
Yeah living in Texas it gets so hot g&t's are great to cool off with. . . I need some red wine or some nice bourbon as it's getting cooler though. . . hmmmm I think a trip to the liquor store may be in order :halfgrinw
I never really see gin as a cool off kinda drink, but I know many who do.
Besides mojitos and caipirinhas, I like vodka + diet lemon lime soda+ plus juice of half a lime (or a whole lime sometimes) for hot summers.
The bartender at the ONLY bar in SF where you can smoke turned me on to Hendricks. Dunno if it's the cucumber, but it's damn good.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hendricks
Bombay Saphire
Tanquerey

Although, it has more calories than most other liquors

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I drink gin maybe 2 times per year, since I'm a vodka man. When I do drink gin, it's always Tangueray Ten.