What's new

Glad to have found this community, excited to learn from you all

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone, beadhead here coming at you from Seattle WA. I'm brand new to the world of cigars but have been immersing myself in youtube content, documentaries, r/cigars, etc for the past couple months. I'm becoming infatuated with the hobby already and I only have a few sticks under my belt. High end consumables are dope lol.

As my moniker suggests I love to fly fish, I have for quite some time now but I have much to learn in that hobby as well. If anybody is local and wants to go wet a line hit me up!

I've smoked a few cigars over the past three weeks, and have my next few lined up in a 7L sistema klip it tupperdor.

For what it's worth, I'll throw out in order the cigars I have smoked thus far and what I've got cooking. If you stop reading here, it's nice to meet ya! For those who press on, I'm always open to suggestions for what direction to head in next.

1. Perdomo Champagne Toro
2. AF Short story Cameroon
3. DE Undercrown Shade
4. Padron 3000 Maduro *This blew me away. I couldn't stop chewing on the flavor of it and I would love to try another padron (suggestions welcome)
5. AF Flor fina 858 Natural
6. CAO Flathead 450 *This was an opposite experience to the padron. I found it bitter and unappealing but I was in a worse, more distracted setting so I'm not making any final calls

In the tupperdor I have an oliva sampler I'm excited to get into, a few other singles, and I have a cbid shipment on the way that includes a 5 stick southern draw sampler and some nubs.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and learning from the wealth of knowledge I'm sure exists in this forum.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hey man, welcome! I’m up the road from you in the Bothell / Mill Creek area. We’ll have to do a herf one of these days. Got plenty of friends who are into cigars and fishing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Howdy from Texas! Might I also suggest:

1) La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor
2) CAO Brazilia
3) AF Don Carlos
4) Oliva Connecticut Reserve

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
3) AF Don Carlos
4) Oliva Connecticut Reserve
Thanks for the suggestions! I've heard good things about the don carlos, gonna have to pick one of those up. I've got an olive Connecticut in my tupperdor atm but it is a churchill so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey man, welcome! I’m up the road from you in the Bothell / Mill Creek area. We’ll have to do a herf one of these days. Got plenty of friends who are into cigars and fishing too.
Sounds good, man. Have you been to Smokey Joes? looks like options for indoor smoking are pretty limited around here.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @beadhead :)

When I first looked at your screen name I thought it said bedhead LOL. It sounds like you're well on your way to discovering the joys of this hobby. The Padron "1000 series" are some of my all time favorites along with the Oliva V's and many of the various Fuentes, especially the Don Carlos and Hemingway lines. Going with a tupperdor was a great decision as it is definitely the best option in terms of reliability and cost.

I hope you enjoy your time here and once again, welcome to BOTL!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sounds good, man. Have you been to Smokey Joes? looks like options for indoor smoking are pretty limited around here.
Yup, pretty limited. Thankfully down the street from me is Stogie n' Hops (almost literally across the street from Martha Lake). Amazing selection of beers, a decent humidor, but has a heated and covered patio in the back to smoke under.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup, pretty limited. Thankfully down the street from me is Stogie n' Hops (almost literally across the street from Martha Lake). Amazing selection of beers, a decent humidor, but has a heated and covered patio in the back to smoke under.
I’ll have to check that out when I’m up north!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk