What's new

Glock 19 gen 4 or Walther PPQ M2

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
So Ive shot a few guns over the last couple weeks (Glock 19, Glock 43, XDS, PPQ, VP9) and a couple more that still need to be shot (Sip 320 and MMP) but so far the PPQ and 19 are at the top of the ranks.
I feel like the Glock is there because of the press and fans (and rightfully so from what I felt shooting it) but that PPQ was more accurate for me. The trigger felt rally light and at one point the kick caused me to double fire (this has happened twice, once before when I shot friends PPQ). I like the way the 19 trigger feedback feels but wish it was a tad lighter.

So... why is that PPQ so damn accurate and why can't I shoot the 19 with the same accuracy? Is it the sights? Shape of gun? anything else Im missing?

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
So... why is that PPQ so damn accurate and why can't I shoot the 19 with the same accuracy? Is it the sights? Shape of gun? anything else Im missing?
It could be any number of things, Z (e.g., the backstrap angle in relation to your hand). Bottom line is, I'm a Glock guy through and through...but if you can shoot the Walther more proficiently -- that's your weapon. (y)

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The ppq has in my opinion the best striker fired trigger on the market. Not only does it have a killer trigger but the reset in it is inanely short (hence the double tap). I carry a 9mm ppq m2 everyday and love it. The long mag release levers are great for small hands.

Now that's the good here is the bad. The ppq mags are stupid expensive at around 35-45 bucks each. In addition the sights on the ppq are the worst garbage I've even encountered (has something to do with import BS). I bought mine knowing switching the sights was the first thing I intended to do. I had to add another 150.00 bucks for a nice set of DAWSON precision sights and love them. Installed in 20 min and they send you everything you would need to install except the lock tite.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Thanks gents! I'm going to still try out a few more but will be shooting the 19 and PPQ more this week.
The wife and I went and shot thebPPQ and 320 today. She shot better wit the PPQ but still says she liked the 320 .

The first pistol will need to perform double duty for both of us (but mostly me...lol).

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
If you like the PPQ and you shoot it well, then get it. Guns are a VERY personal thing as to what feels good and what you shoot well. I can't stand the feel of glocks, but I shoot them insanely well (compared to my other stuff). It's all what works for you. Try as much as you can and figure it out what works for you

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Navy spec ops units have transitioned from their Sigs to the Glock 19. The balance of size, weight, and capacity have encouraged the switch. Other branch spec ops units are also going to the 19. - When it comes to availability of parts, upgrades, etc the Glock wins hands down.
IMO the place to put your money after choosing the platform, is in proper training and lots of practice ammo. A month after getting your new pistol, your impressions as to what you shot a few mags worth now will be irrelevent.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I went back and shot both again yesterday and realized something about the PPQ. My thumb has a tendency to rest on the slide lock (its a very long slide lock) preventing the slide form locking back after the last round. This happened twice and has become annoying to me.
I also reshot a few other pistols and just didn't like the way I shot them.

Today I will be shooting a couple Glock 19s, gen 3 and gen 4, to see what the difference feels like. The only thing I really don't like is the sights on these things but that seems to be an upgrade most people are making on their pistols anyway (regardless of brand).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back and shot both again yesterday and realized something about the PPQ. My thumb has a tendency to rest on the slide lock (its a very long slide lock) preventing the slide form locking back after the last round. This happened twice and has become annoying to me.
I also reshot a few other pistols and just didn't like the way I shot them.

Today I will be shooting a couple Glock 19s, gen 3 and gen 4, to see what the difference feels like. The only thing I really don't like is the sights on these things but that seems to be an upgrade most people are making on their pistols anyway (regardless of brand).
Out of the box, the triggers are generally better on the Gen 3 than the Gen 4. I wear XXL size gloves so don't need the smaller backstrap inserts of the Gen 4. The double recoil spring assembly on the Gen 4 isn't really required on this size platform in 9mm - more so in the .40. But either 19, Gen 3 or 4 will serve well. (Not that it matters to civilians, but US Navy spec ops (SEALs) use the Gen 3.)

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Well... I literally and figuratively pulled the trigger on a Glock 19 gen 4 today. I ran through 300 rounds today between the gen 3 and gen 4, shot the gem 4 better and more accuratly than the gen 3.
Now to wait for background to clear and enjoy the new gun

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Navy spec ops units have transitioned from their Sigs to the Glock 19. The balance of size, weight, and capacity have encouraged the switch. Other branch spec ops units are also going to the 19. - When it comes to availability of parts, upgrades, etc the Glock wins hands down.
IMO the place to put your money after choosing the platform, is in proper training and lots of practice ammo. A month after getting your new pistol, your impressions as to what you shot a few mags worth now will be irrelevent.
Army SF has also made this transition

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Good choice on the PPQ. I own a P99 QA and a PPQ M1. The trigger on the PPQ is by far the best out of the box system on the market; well worth the little $50 bucks or so more for the Walther. I like the M1, but I prefer the German controls.

The one caveat, and someone mentioned it above, is the sights. They're okay for range and slow shooting, but as a carry gun they're too hard to shoot quickly. For my eyes there seems to be a gap between the rear sight and front post and you have to line it up in the center. Not the best for quick shooting on the fly; constantly right or left of center. My choice was to replace them with XS quick sights. I prefer the small post, but that's because it is a balance between precision on fast acquisition. The the XS Big Sight is, in my opinion, the best defense sight on the market. It's honestly easier to acquire your target than a shotgun ghost ring system. It allows you to run through a mag fast and keep them all in a tight group at 7 yards. But at 25 yards on a range...well you can keep them center mass firing quickly, but even slow shooting isn't precision. That's why I like the smaller one, best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Well... I literally and figuratively pulled the trigger on a Glock 19 gen 4 today. I ran through 300 rounds today between the gen 3 and gen 4, shot the gem 4 better and more accuratly than the gen 3.
Now to wait for background to clear and enjoy the new gun
Congrats and welcome to the 'New Glock Club'

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to hate Glocks. Especially their triggers. I was a die-hard full-size steel 1911 .45acp guy.
But I also bowhunt up in the mountains, off trail and in rough country. I wanted something lighter. Also
wanted something more weather resistant & less expensive, so wouldnt worry much about it. Got a Glock 20
in 10mm and my eyes were opened. I'm used to Glock triggers now. Have several of them in different sizes and chamberings (for different applications).
I still like 1911s. Good ones can be a work of art. But, the Glock is my solid, everyday tool.