What's new

Glock 19

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok, so I know I'm about to open a powder keg here but I'll do it anyway. I won a Beneli Super Nova buy don't really need another shotgun. Shop that it's coming from will give me store credit. I've been looking for a 9mm I can drag out in the woods though thick and grim in a ugly kydex OWB. Now here's the controversial part. Glock, I know you either love them or hate them. I've never owned one. Share your opinions good and bad. Looking at a Glock 19 Gen 4

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
They sorted out all the late gen 3 / early gen 4 issues. They're good to go.

You can probably get a better financial deal on your shotgun though. And not sure why you would want a compact 9mm for the woods... go full size. If it will only be for the woods, I'd be looking at a quality 10mm.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
It's all about you, if you can shoot it well then it's a fine gun. If it doesn't fit with you and it doesn't shoot well for you then it's crap. Rent or borrow one and see how it shoots for you. That should be the most important thing.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If it were my money (or store credit), that's what I would buy. I didn't care for Glocks until I was forced to give them a fair shake. I've since found them to be simple to operate, very accurate, and completely reliable in conditions you might not expect them to be - all things I find important. And they aren't fancy to where I would personally be concerned about the wear and tear it sounds like you'll subject yours to.

Can I ask why 9mm, and why not full size?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

You can probably get a better financial deal on your shotgun though. And not sure why you would want a compact 9mm for the woods... go full size. If it will only be for the woods, I'd be looking at a quality 10mm.
Dual purpose, want to get the wife shooting too.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Stick to 9mm then, but get a full size gun. They're easier to shoot and learn on. I'd go with the 34, but the 17 is just dandy too.
We'll have to hit cabelas and check out what fits her hands. Credit is at reeds in walker so if I can avoid driving up there that would be great.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

As far as the shotgun goes looks like the sell for about $550 on gunbroker. My dad is a dealer and can get a 19 for around 500 to his door but for the hassle I'll loose the $50

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I find most women like the smaller 19. I shoot a 17. Glocks aren't pretty or flashy but its very hard to kill them. But either is good. If one day she clams the 19 then get yourself a G20. Awesome handgun when using real 10mm ammo( double tap, Buffalo bore etc). Good luck!! ;)

SteveHeaves

Not Steve
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glock is tried and tested to the most extreme, and they survive and endure. They just work. That's why they're as popular as they are. Parts and accessories are plentiful. That said, they're not for everyone. Maybe try an M&P or a Sig on for size, see how you like them. For your intended uses, I would recommend a full frame pistol though. Not much need to be subtle about it in the woods.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

G20 or G21 would be my choices. G20 if there're a lot of bears in the area.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so I know I'm about to open a powder keg here but I'll do it anyway. I won a Beneli Super Nova buy don't really need another shotgun. Shop that it's coming from will give me store credit. I've been looking for a 9mm I can drag out in the woods though thick and grim in a ugly kydex OWB. Now here's the controversial part. Glock, I know you either love them or hate them. I've never owned one. Share your opinions good and bad. Looking at a Glock 19 Gen 4
Do it. I own a Gen 4 G23 that I love, and wish I had a 19 to go with it. Always goes bang, never a lick of issues. All around good to go.