What's new

Glock 19

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I'm not a huge fan of them, but that's mostly because of their ergonomics and the fact I'm not a striker fire fan. Both personal opinions, both don't discredit the gun for others.
But I would get the full size, they will recoil less and generally be easier to rack the slide. Quite a few girls I know have problems racking some slides.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I personally don't see a huge difference in recoil or tracking difficulty between the 17 & 19 - now, the 26 is a while different story.

For me the 19 fits perfect, conceals easily and is cheap to practice with, so it's a winning combo.

I do agree there are a few great upgrades, but none are necessity. Night sights and a tungsten guide rod are my 2 that I'll always start with and I never question if they're worth it.

~ Dale
Georgia, USA

JRRIII

Jake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I carry a (modified) glock 19 and I find it the best all around carry gun there is. It conceals well for its size, has a great magazine capacity for it's size and you can carry a block 17 back up mag for a few extra sounds. Plus they are so reliable I am never worried something might happen to it. Plus for what you get I think their price isn't bad. I'm with Dale, there a few upgrades that are definitely with it (night sites being chief among them) but none are necessary. I have other guns I carry but the 19 gets the most use and if i could choose just one gun for all around use it would be the 19 hands down. I don't think you'll regret getting a 19 if you do decide to get one.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Alright, so the trigger on this thing SUCKS!!!!! Any recommendations on a trigger and upgraded spring?
I bought a 17 gen 4 couple years back, trigger was terrible - bought the ghost 3.5lb complete trigger kit before I left the shop. The owner also polished the the connector as well. Great upgrade for min. dollars. I've had two other glocks since, a 19 and 27, and their triggers out of the box were above average/good.

I also knew going in that I wasn't buying a Glock for a silky smooth trigger so I wasn't really disappointed. I shoot my 1911's when I want a crisp trigger. Glock is carried on the hip.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ok, so I know I'm about to open a powder keg here but I'll do it anyway. I won a Beneli Super Nova buy don't really need another shotgun. Shop that it's coming from will give me store credit. I've been looking for a 9mm I can drag out in the woods though thick and grim in a ugly kydex OWB. Now here's the controversial part. Glock, I know you either love them or hate them. I've never owned one. Share your opinions good and bad. Looking at a Glock 19 Gen 4
Carried a glock 22 (40 cal) as my duty gun for 16yrs. Never had a issue, not one misfire or stove pipe. I also did not run reloads through it, owners manual said not to. Not sure this is the case anymore. The guns are flat out that reliable. The G19 will be perfect for you and your wife. You wont be sorry. Get it....

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Alright, so the trigger on this thing SUCKS!!!!! Any recommendations on a trigger and upgraded spring?
What sucks about it? I've done some things with my trigger for various reasons.

For the record I own a 19 gen 4
What I have done...
- Gen 3 trigger cause I thought the serrations on the gen 4 trigger were causing some finger irritation (later realized it was a pinch issues). Pinch was still happening.
- Apex trigger cause I realized it was my fat finger skin being pinched on the uptake and partly the shape of the OE glock trigger and trigger guard. This helped a lot.
- .25 trigger job just to see what it would do. Didn't seem to make that big of a difference to me to be honest. Maybe took some of the grit out of the trigger sooner vs. going to the range until it all smoothed out naturally. Probably cheaper over time too :D.
- Ghost Edge 3.5# connector because I was curious what a 3.5# trigger felt like vs OEM.
- Ghost Evo Elite 3.5# connector because I wanted to feel what it was like to not feel the breakpoint in the OE and Edge connector. I'm still running this connector.

What I should have done...
- learned better trigger finger control
- learned better grip technique
- bought the RMR ready version of the 19 gen 4
- added only the Ghost Evo Elite connector because not having that wall is smooth.