What's new

GLP Tribute

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I am enjoying being back to cigar smoking over the past couple of months, and I'm thinking about pulling my pipes out of storage as well.

I still have a tin of GLPease Tribute sealed that someone gave me almost ten years ago. This was the tobacco Greg did after the September 11th attacks that benefited the Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund.

I'd love to try this stuff, but it has been through a ton of moves, stored without much care, etc. Can I get it back in smoking condition? If so, how? The fact that it's been sealed since it was made is hopefully a plus, and I know pipe tobacco is much more resilient than cigars.

Any advice?

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
If you've never popped the tops, they should be fine - Ideally you should keep them in a cool dark place, thus the 'cellaring'... If they just came from a particularly hot spot, maybe put it in the cellar for a month to settle, but if there is no rust on the tin & it's intact - pop the top & light up a bowl - just let us know how it goes!

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Nice, thanks for the advice. The tin has been in our (cool) apartment in a plastic tub with some of my other pipe stuff for at least a few months. So I will give it a shot soon and see how it is.

I wonder how many other untouched tins of this stuff even exist! As I recall, it sold out almost immediately and that was 10 years ago.