What's new

G'luck Wade!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well I'm guessing you start work today.. building them luxury yachts soo good luck don't worry about the cool kids making fun of the new guy and generally have a great first day!

Oh yeah do let us know how it goes.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I was scheduled to start on 8/11, but after my orientation they asked if I'd start on Monday 8/4, so just a couple days, thanks Daniyal for thinking of me though!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
the Summer of Wade has entered the final weekend. Smoke a good one this weekend Wade, you can always replace it now that you'll have pasitive cash flow!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Alright, officially off to the first day in about 10 minutes! I'll report back this afternoon and let y'all know how it went. Today the shop starts a 48 hour week. :eyequiver

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Ah, the cold hard slap a reality...back to work.

And 48 hour work weeks?!?! WTF? I guess the econmoy doesnt' affect the super rich and their super huge yacht sales.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Ahhh, that was fun. Getting up at 4:15 wasn't so bad, the 50 minute ride was fine too, work went by fast, but I guess you'd expect that for a first day, especially doing something you love.

About 20 minutes into my shift, after I was given the official tour, I was handed a set of blueprints and told to go to work. So I made a cabinet for the dinning area of the galley that will house a flat screen TV, a monitor so the crew can see if someone comes into the formal dinning room, some other electronics that I don't know what they are and a large storage cabinet below. That went very well, the foreman came out twice and complimented me on my work, my pace and congratulated me for finding two errors in the blueprints...before I made the mistake.

Then I started on a large seatee area that's somewhat wedge shaped, got the foundation done and some of the seat infrastructure. All in all it was a good day, again, several compliments from the foreman and other employees as I was cleaning up my work area.

It's going to be fun, a lot of work, very technical but totally up my alley. It's a great bunch of guys, they were all very welcoming (of course I made peanut butter cookies to bring in so that helped.) Now to bed by 9:30 so I can start all over again tomorrow!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
That f'in awesome bro. Something you love to do. This could be your calling. You should find somewhere to leave your trademark on everything you create. Rock on my brotha.