What's new

Gluten Free Cigar?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a good friend that has that bad, but still smokes cigars.I don't know of he's just putting up with any effects or they don't bother him. I'll have to ask.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If it makes you feel any better, for every person that says the wrapper makes a significant difference in the flavor profile of a cigar, there is a person who says it doesn't.
Wait, who says it does not?
Timothy Torres, for one.

Listen to him from the 5:00 mark.

Not saying his word is final, just saying a lot of people think differently about the wrapper.

[video=youtube;9heepl-hAXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9heepl-hAXo[/video]

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I honestly don't think you will have a problem with the pectin. It's such a trace amount that you would have to have an insanely sensitive case of celiac to notice the effects. JMVHO

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Really stupid question(from me surprising right.) You have smoked cigars before this I assume. To no ill effect or you wouldn't be trying to still smoke them. Why would this change now.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
If it makes you feel any better, for every person that says the wrapper makes a significant difference in the flavor profile of a cigar, there is a person who says it doesn't.
Wait, who says it does not?
Timothy Torres, for one.

Listen to him from the 5:00 mark.

Not saying his word is final, just saying a lot of people think differently about the wrapper.

[video=youtube;9heepl-hAXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9heepl-hAXo[/video]
From the Video:

"The wrapper in the cigar is just a dress...Its not to change the flavor, its just to change the look..."

I can tell you that while people may have different opinions, but the idea that a wrapper is solely used for cosmetic effect is 100% incorrect. The wrapper on a cigar may have different LEVELS of flavor (depending on the blend and the RG of the cigar in question), but I can assure you, wrappers have a noticeable effect on the flavor of a cigar. If they did not, manufactures would not spend as much money as they do on cultivating them.

Try smoking a cigar (any cigar) with and without a wrapper at the same time to compare, and you will be able to taste the difference, I can assure you.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
As far as a wrapper not influencing the flavor maybe on certain and mostly cheap cigars with super thin wrapper that have been pretty much fermented to the point of oblivion. If a person would say that about a high end cigar like Tatuaje or Liga Privada, I would have to question your judgment of cigars. To say a wrapper is just a dress is ridiculous....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well if your serious about smoking cigars, they make ceramic and plastic cigars holders. They don't look that cool, but you wouldn't get any of the glue in your mouth, and youd be able to smoke more of the cigar.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just spoke with my friend that has the disease. He has no problem with cigars at all. He's also never heard of a company using a vegetable based glue. I don't think you'll have much problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2