What's new

GO LIONS!!!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
He intentionally STEPPED on another player's ankle.... Are some actually saying this should not be punished? Especially after other similar stupidity? He should be tossed from the NFL, IMVHO.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
From Shutdown corner......(emphasis mine)

The play looked accidental at first — until Suh stepped on Rodgers' injured leg a second time. Rodgers retaliated with a push to Suh and a plea to referee Walt Anderson. Rodgers said after the game Anderson told him that Suh said he was pushed into Rodgers after the play.
That means Suh will miss the Lions' playoff game against the
Dallas Cowboys on Sunday. A free agent after the season with an unwieldy salary-cap number, Suh might have played his final game as a Lion.
Suh has a history — seven documented incidents — in the NFL with dirty play on the field, including his more pronounced stomp on former Packers center Evan Dietrich-Smith. Rodgers would not blame Suh directly but clearly was annoyed that it occurred in an area of his leg he injured in Week 16 against the
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, then aggravated earlier in the Lions game Sunday.

How would the Lion's fans feel if Matthew Stafford had an injured leg and someone like Clay Matthews "accidentally" stepped on it? Football is a rough game, but stuff like this (and the stomp last week by Raiola) is absolutely uncalled for. Now that there seems to be a pattern emerging, perhaps the coaching staff needs to be held accountable as well.

Last edited:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I love violent, CLEAN football. I'm glad the NFL finally took a stance against Suh who has proven over and over again he is a cheapshot and doesn't give a sh*t. I like hearing from former NFL players on ESPN etc about issues that come up and every single player I heard talk today thought the NFL did the right thing and that there's no place in the game for dirty play that injures other players.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I love violent, CLEAN football. I'm glad the NFL finally took a stance against Suh who has proven over and over again he is a cheapshot and doesn't give a sh*t. I like hearing from former NFL players on ESPN etc about issues that come up and every single player I heard talk today thought the NFL did the right thing and that there's no place in the game for dirty play that injures other players.
Agreed 100 %