What's new

Goals for 2014?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Glad to see I'm not alone in the action sports. Planning on making a run at the podium for any of the nationals?
I am still a C class in Single stack so i hope to place well at Nationals. For Multigun I try to place better than the previous years. Last USPSA Multigun I placed in top 20 in open division so im planning to improve there.
Sounds like an excellent goal to me.

I'm hoping to do the Production nationals this year. Sadly, not the same venue as SS.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A goal of mine is improve my ammunition supply and finish my AR build finally. Hopefully if I can get enough ammunition this year I can start getting back to the range and sign up for the CHL class. I got set back from the ammo scare.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
my goal is to get 45+/50 in a sporting clays course league I'm joining. hopefully its fairly obtainable.
Did you just recently start sporting clays? Where is the league?
I've been doing it for about a year. That being said, I've only been out maybe 10 times in that year. This weather blows. The course is in Burkhardt wi, and it's called Game Unlimited.

It's the main reason I bought that Benelli Super Nova. That think upped my score instantly by a constant 7 clays out of 50.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
my goal is to get 45+/50 in a sporting clays course league I'm joining. hopefully its fairly obtainable.
I've been doing it for about a year. That being said, I've only been out maybe 10 times in that year. This weather blows. The course is in Burkhardt wi, and it's called Game Unlimited.

It's the main reason I bought that Benelli Super Nova. That think upped my score instantly by a constant 7 clays out of 50.
haha I went through a similar situation back in my trap days. Having a shotgun actually designed for the task at hand makes quite the difference.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0

haha I went through a similar situation back in my trap days. Having a shotgun actually designed for the task at hand makes quite the difference.

You still have that shotty? We should go sometime!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
This'll make ya giggle. To actually buy a pistol!

I go to the range fairly often but either with a couple of friends and use one of their guns or with my FiL and use one of his.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

You still have that shotty? We should go sometime!
I do. Though I'm not sure I know where my chokes are any more.
I'd probably shoot my 930 just for S&Gs.

Ultimately, I want to be doing stuff like this with my shotgun: [video=facebook;157866691034478]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=157866691034478[/video]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my goal is to finally take the huge buck out at my grandpas place we see it alot but ive never got a chance to get a shot at it ethicly lol also i was offered a tag to go turkey hunting in missouri last year but i turned it down. this year i'm going.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Im going to spend some time on a couple of new builds and a restoration project I have put off for the last year..

Ive got an Arisaka Type 38 that was brought home by a family member as a "war trophy" 60 years ago.. that is in absolutely horrible condition... It appears to still be safe/functional.. but the barrel and bore are pitted.. its got superficial rust over about 70% of the external metal parts.. and the stock is a total goner.. its going to be a lot of work.. but I think I can bring her back to her original glory... I just havent put the time into it that I need to...

and I enjoy "building" single shot, custom hunting rifles.. I built a couple of .44 Mag carbines and a .45-70 carbine off of NEF shotgun frames a few years back... Im thinking about a little .357 mag carbine or a .45 long colt carbine this time around.. The .44 Mag I built for my son shoots sub 2 MOA at 100 yards.. not too bad for a rifle with an OAL of less than 30" and a 16" BBL.. makes an awesome little "brush gun" for hogs/deer...

I need to do another M4gery build as well.. but dont know if Ill get around to it this year..

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Train more, I want to take Shivworks ECQC & AMIS real bad!
Now there's somebody speaking my language.

If I focus on retention shooting and BJJ this year, I'll try to do ECQC and/or EWO in 2015.
His vehicles class is supposed to be really good as well, though not something on my list.
AMIS, another fantastic class, but not on my list either. Having many friends who have taken it, I realize there's not much info in there I will get a lot of use out of.

Me thinks an ECQC + Botl HERF would be an excellent, excellent idea.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm writing to as many WA state congressmen as I can to get them to support an sbr bill. Get a mk18 upper for a pistol build till the bill passes. I want to take some classes on being hsld with a rifle. I need to make time to make rounds, I have the stuff to make 5k 9mm and around the same for .223 but just can't sit down and do it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad to see I'm not alone in the action sports. Planning on making a run at the podium for any of the nationals?
I am still a C class in Single stack so i hope to place well at Nationals. For Multigun I try to place better than the previous years. Last USPSA Multigun I placed in top 20 in open division so im planning to improve there.
Sounds like an excellent goal to me.

I'm hoping to do the Production nationals this year. Sadly, not the same venue as SS.
Production is fun what pistol you got for that division? I used to shoot a cz sp01 shadow but sold it and bought a custom 1911. I got hooked on the single action only 1911 trigger haha