What's new

God of Fire?

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
So my friend is a huge Arturo Fuente fan and I picked us up two of these sticks. Neither one of us have ever had one, but I hear awesome things.

Will we be blown away?

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I've got a box of 2006 Carlito piramides. Haven't smoked one yet in fear of disappointment. Been two years since I've been sitting on them.

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I've smoked 2. The first one was ok (Carlito 2006 robusto), but I was expecting great. The second one was alot better, don't remeber which one but it was a churchill.. I remember picking up a unique flavor, which was very enjoyable in the second. Don't remember what that flavor was though.

Overall, I have a few in the humi that I will smoke but won't be picking anymore up.

Last edited:

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I concur with your assessment. A overpriced stick. Better sticks can be had at a 20% of the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Imo the best NC out there, it is the only NC that is as balanced and complex as a CC.
I smoke 10-15 per year and they are a bit expensive but well worth it!

I had a couple with me on my roadtrip and handed them out to my buddy's and they just as me hardly ever smoke NCs and most of the said the same thing, best balanced NC!

I prefer the Double Robusto.

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Tip: Don't EXPECT any cigar to blow you away. It's just asking for a let down. This should be a pretty good stick, sure, but don't expect to be blown away.

The God of Fire is a good blend, imvho, and if you like subtle but sophisticated cigars, this will be right up your ally. If you're after flavor-bombs full of pepper or what not, you might want to let it age for a while until you're palate can appreciate it more. But if you like the Fuente's other medium-bodied blends (Don Carlos Anneversary, Casa Fuente, etc), then you'll probably like this one too.

In Cuban terms, this is a Cohiba and not a Bolivar or Partagas. The flavors aren't in-your-face. Also, the God of Fire will improve with age, so there is no harm in letting it sit for a while.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I prefer the Carlito but they both smoke great if as others have stated you aren't expecting a Pepin profile. Price is a factor considering I can smoke both a Cohiba Magicos Maduro and a Boli GM for the same price as one GOF.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Tip: Don't EXPECT any cigar to blow you away. It's just asking for a let down. This should be a pretty good stick, sure, but don't expect to be blown away.

The God of Fire is a good blend, imvho, and if you like subtle but sophisticated cigars, this will be right up your ally. If you're after flavor-bombs full of pepper or what not, you might want to let it age for a while until you're palate can appreciate it more. But if you like the Fuente's other medium-bodied blends (Don Carlos Anneversary, Casa Fuente, etc), then you'll probably like this one too.

In Cuban terms, this is a Cohiba and not a Bolivar or Partagas. The flavors aren't in-your-face. Also, the God of Fire will improve with age, so there is no harm in letting it sit for a while.
This post says it all. The nuances of this smoke are so subtle from what I've read.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I like 'em, but that doesn't mean that everyone will.

GoF maduro coming out later this year, so that will be interesting to try.
GoF Maddy will be interesting.

I like GoF, have smoked a few, and never been disappointing. It's one of the few Fuentes that actually interest me.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I really like this cigar,
Ive had a couple but loved the 2006 Don Carlos Robusto!

Now the debate - is any cigar worth this much $?
I got a few for about $13 ea and they were worth it.

But im also not sure any cigar is worth much over that amount.