What's new

Going on a cruise

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My wife and I, along with 6 of our friends, are going on a cruise in a few weeks. As I am BRAND new to the cigar world, I wanted to know if anybody has purchased any Cuban Cigars from Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel, and/or Belize City.

I am not planning on buying a box of cigars, thus it will be a little harder for me to spot a fake. We mainly just wanted to buy 4 or 5 individual cigars to smoke while we are on the boat. I assume boxes would be easier to identify because they will have specific markings, stickers, etc. Therefore, being that I am a NOOB and I will be buying individual cigars, does anybody know of a reputable spot at any of these stops that I could buy from? I am willing to travel off the main tourist strip if necessary (probably necessary). I would rather aire on the side of caution and not buy anything, than to waste money on fake smokes.

Advise away...

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Cozumel LCDH (La Casa del Habano, the authorized Habanos S.A. franchises, the only place I would shop at...)

Address: Ave. Rafael E. Melgar No.01-B , esquina con Ave. Juárez, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, México
Phone: Mobiles: +521 (987) 871 8552, +521 (999) 947 9310.
Fax: +52 (987) 872 7456
Email: sales@lacasadelhabanocozumel.net lacasadelhabanocozumel@gmail.com

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
no experience but if the price is too good to pass up, pass it up
If he/she says she got a brother/cousin/mother/father/etc that works at the factory Pass
Glass top box, unless your wife wants a nice jewlry box pass

The only way you are going to be sure is if you buy at LCDH.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I had actually read about LCDH on another thread, but I was hoping somebody could point me towards a spot at another location. Cozumel is the last stop on the cruise and would somewhat defeat the purpose of buying to smoke on the boat. I'll just have to smoke in double time after we leave Cozumel.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
thegoldenmackid said:
Cozumel LCDH (La Casa del Habano, the authorized Habanos S.A. franchises, the only place I would shop at...)

Address: Ave. Rafael E. Melgar No.01-B , esquina con Ave. Juárez, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, México
Phone: Mobiles: +521 (987) 871 8552, +521 (999) 947 9310.
Fax: +52 (987) 872 7456
Email: sales@lacasadelhabanocozumel.net lacasadelhabanocozumel@gmail.com
+1 on LCDH. There were plenty of little shops that have cigars in them the last time I was in Cozumel.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Google the Cubans you want....and study every detail about the band....I mean every detail, down to how many rows of dots there are above Cohiba (for example), what the font looks like, etc. ....Counterfeiters rarely get all the details correct.

Just another suggestions even though it may not work 100% of the time.

jbizzle

jb
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Best advice: pack your own. But that isn't what you want to hear. Of all the ports you listed, the only place I would buy is Cozumel and then only at LCDH. Sorry.

Rating - 100%
209   0   0
27006 309th Ave SE, Ravensdale, WA, 98054
Went on nearly the same cruise myself last April. Looked high and low, all I found were fake Cubans. None of the "approved " stores carried Cubans, only nonembargoed brands. Anything I found outside a shop was obviously fake. You may have to bring your own. My ship had a cigar lounge onboard, no Cubans but still a great experience. Met some nice cigar people there.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Roatan is beautiful!! Do an excursion or just hire a taxi to drive ya around to see the country side (what I did). Took a cruise last December similar to the one you're taking. I didn't buy any cigars, just brought my own cuban cigars :grin:

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Haha, well I won't ask the obvious question....but it's going to be extremely hard for me to bring my own. I guess, I'll just bring my non cubans and wait till Cozumel.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Haha, well I won't ask the obvious question....but it's going to be extremely hard for me to bring my own. I guess, I'll just bring my non cubans and wait till Cozumel.
Like you said, better to not waste your $$. Have a great time and enjoy the LCDH cigars at the end of the trip!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yea, we have some kind of cave tubing trip planned for Belize. Two of our friends didn't make the weight limit for the zipline, otherwise we would have done it. Thanks for the advice though!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The cavetubing in Belizes so much fun! Especially when the cave gets dark & you can scare the ladies. Be warned, the water is cold Hehe

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
In belize my wife and I went to see the ancient ruins.... In cozumel I suggest going to fat tuesdays and having a 151 octane....enjoy the rest of the day...lol

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
The LCDH in Cozumel is first class. Please, only buy cigars at an official LCDH. That is the only way you can be assured the cigar is authentic.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought all Cruise ships had a cigar shop. When I went on one with friends there was a beautiful cigar lounge named "Michaels" it was a replica of the Michaels cigar lounge on the Titanic. Beautiful full wall humidors and leather seating. Have fun.